cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Email Folders #

I Have email folders Named #name. I can no longer access them move them delete them etc.?

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Email Folders #

This was reported previously and the following reply was posted by the moderators.

• Folder naming convention – You have told us that the new email platform does not allow the use of certain special character and this is causing some problems. 
    • Our recommendation on using special characters in the naming of folders is to avoid special characters in folder names if possible or stick to characters within US-ASCII character set to reduce the risk of problems. # is useable but not currently at the start of a folder name.

Have you tried renaming the folders?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Thank you for your swift reply.

Yes. The remaining folders work fine. Unfortunately I have 7 folders labeled with # as the first character. They appear at the start of the list of folders. They worked fine under Yahoo. Since the change they are inaccessible and produce an error each time I try to access them or their contents.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

Did you do as I mentioned in my last post and try to rename them without the # at the start?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

As I have already said I can NOT rename them. If I try to select them I get an ERROR

0 Ratings