cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
adewolves
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 16

Email Login Issues

I have just tried to log in to my email account and it keeps telling me my login details are incorrect. I can assure you they are not, so it has to be an issue at BT's end. I use this email account for my work so it's vital I have access to it. I even tried to reset my password but it told me there is no account under that email address—I have had the same email address for years. Please help.

0 Ratings
15 REPLIES 15
prabtcom
Contributor
Message 2 of 16

Re: Email Login Issues

I have exactly the same problem ( which in some odd way is reassuring - that the problem is not with you or I, but with BT )

0 Ratings
rich1608
Contributor
Message 3 of 16

Can't log in with BT webmail

Hello

I just tried to log in to my BT email account using webmail and got the message shown in the attached screenshot. I double checked my details and tried again several times and it made no difference. I then tried sending an email to myself using my client which is Thunderbird and it came through within 2 seconds of sending it so the BT mail server seems to be working ok. Does anyone know if there is a problem with the webmail login or what else might be causing this problem? Many thanks.

bt.jpg

0 Ratings
rich1608
Contributor
Message 4 of 16

Same here, just posted about it. The mail server is working as my client (Thunderbird) works fine with a test email. It's clearly a problem with BT webmail.

0 Ratings
Mick_Reilly241
Beginner
Message 5 of 16

Same here with me. Email is working using mail app on my phone but can't login to it the way I usually do it using the bt mail login page. Also I can't login to the mybt app either 

0 Ratings
DavidM
Message 6 of 16

Hi guys and thanks for reporting this.

Sorry you're having problems. We're looking into this and will update here as soon as we have anything.

Cheers

David

DavidM
Message 7 of 16

Can you all try using client for now. We're aware of a webmail issue and are working on a fix.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
prabtcom
Contributor
Message 8 of 16

"try using client" - What's that, please ?

0 Ratings
DavidM
Message 9 of 16

Sorry about that @prabtcom .

I meant an email client such as Thunderbird. Are you still having problems with your webmail?

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
fireplex
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 16

I cannot login.

Just been on chat and they say fraudulent activity was spotted against their server and it will not be resolved until later!!

Very worrying news.

0 Ratings