cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
al860
Message 1 of 2

Email Password Reset

I have a sub-email address set up under my account that the user has forgotten the password for.

We have both tried to reset the password using the form, but despite the details requested being entered correctly it says that some information is incorrect.  So either I included an error when setting up the security details or the system is broken or something.

Is there any way to reset the password from the main account, or to force a reset without entering all the security details again since something seems wrong with it.

We still have access to the account through an ipad, but need it adding to a new phone.

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
PJ666
Beginner
Message 2 of 2

Re: Email Password Reset

For heavens sake don’t change your btinternet password. I have spent three days deleting, reinstalling bt email details. Even though I have access through my laptop I cannot access my btinternet email on any mobile device. That includes 1 iPhone, 4 iPads and a Tesco huddle
( doesn’t use iOS) I have also tried 4 email clients on these devices. It doesn’t work. all you will receive is a message telling you your user name and or password is wrong. Below is the response from BT. Basically access your emails via the MyBt web site, everything our end is fine it must be the mobile devices.

DONT CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD, YOU WILL LOSE ANY MOBILE ACCESS TO YOUR EMAIL ACCOUNT EXCEPT THROUGH THE MYBT WEBSITE LOGIN.
0 Ratings