cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
johnph1
Message 1 of 10

Email Password not recognised

Like many I have suffered the issue of my email  password (correct - it works from my phone and is a browser saved log in)not being recognised with reset password resulting in my account then not being recognised. This has been going on for months at least for me.

From the posts here and elsewhere there appears to be no solution, other than to login directly to Yahoo and bypass BT.

This was fine until today, until Yahoo login now redirects me to BT failing log in. 

A suggestion also made was to clear the cookies and cache.  Yahoo login now takes me to the Oath (yahoo's new owner) to agree to share my data with a range of partners and to sign in.  Yahoo's sign in, at the password entry stage then takes me back to BT, which does not recognise my password.  i have tried Firefox and Chrome and both do the same.

Even if I login to myBT first, I still have the same issue, other than I can get to a manage my email account page, which has options that are very unclear, and which still rejects my password.

Does any one know what is going, with key questions being why BT has not fixed a known fault, why Yahoo is redirecting to a known fault, is this BT forcing this or a further fault with Yahoo.

I will now search how to get migrated to BT's mail platform, since I have no wish to share my data with Yahoo's partner.

If I had not had my BT email account in use as my main account since the first ADSL days I would change it, but what a hassle this must be.

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES
DIZ223
Contributor
Message 2 of 10

Re: Email Password not recognised

Thank goodness i have found someone else experiencing the same problem (sorry!)  This has been driving me mad for the last 2 days.  I, like you, have had an email (yahoo) account with BT for so long that I think somewhere down the line we have been forgotton and not updated like everyone else.  I have been tempted to cancel account with BT and start again as I feel this might sort some of the issues, however like you, dread the idea.

I have just spent two hours on 'chat' with a very nice lady who resulted in calling me, only to now be locked out of MyBT account as well!!  I have in the past only logged on to email via yahoo (as BT would not accept login details) but as you rightly state it is now defaulting to BT log in.  When I try and reset password it doesn't recognise my security details....Oh the frustration.  I am now waiting for BT to contact me within 24 hours (is this an acceptable time frame given how vital email is). Sorry can't help, but will keep you posted if a solution presents.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 10

Hi @johnph1 and @DIZ223,

I'll be able to get this investigated, please can you send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile?

Thanks

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a Private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thank You
0 Ratings
DIZ223
Contributor
Message 4 of 10

Thank you for the offer of help but have just received a call from BT who appear to have fixed the problem
0 Ratings
DIZ223
Contributor
Message 5 of 10

BT have just telephoned and appear to have resolved my issue.  If your user name is your email address for both MyBT/BTID and your email account then the password should be the same for both accounts. So resetting your password for your BTID account should then result in you being able to access your emails via the BT page.  HOWEVER, this took me ages to actually achieve and eventually it worked. They are adament that they didn't do anything to stop the loop and allow this to happen. Sorry I can't give any more assistance and I wish you the best of luck.

0 Ratings
james150
Beginner
Message 6 of 10

John, pleased to see your issue as I think I have the same problem. Changed pw through Yahoo at the weekend and now being directed to BT login which does not accept my new password or security details. Would be pleased to hear if you get a solution. James150

0 Ratings
cufcman
Message 7 of 10

Hello.

I'm having the same problem as the others.

Actually I can get my email (through mailbox on Win 10) but my wife's email on our joint account has exactly the problems indicated.

Also now when I try to get into myBT it takes me to the dashboard and kicks me out.

Your assistance would be greatly appreciated.

0 Ratings
johnph1
Message 8 of 10

Setting the same password for myBT and email worked for me as well.
Thanks DIZ223
0 Ratings
Pruijmboom227
Beginner
Message 9 of 10

@johnph1wrote:

Like many I have suffered the issue of my email  password (correct - it works from my phone and is a browser saved log in)not being recognised with reset password resulting in my account then not being recognised. This has been going on for months at least for me.

From the posts here and elsewhere there appears to be no solution, other than to login directly to Yahoo and bypass BT.

This was fine until today, until Yahoo login now redirects me to BT failing log in. 

A suggestion also made was to clear the cookies and cache.  Yahoo login now takes me to the Oath (yahoo's new owner) to agree to share my data with a range of partners and to sign in.  Yahoo's sign in, at the password entry stage then takes me back to BT, which does not recognise my password.  i have tried Firefox and Chrome and both do the same.

Even if I login to myBT first, I still have the same issue, other than I can get to a manage my email account page, which has options that are very unclear, and which still rejects my password.

Does any one know what is going, with key questions being why BT has not fixed a known fault, why Yahoo is redirecting to a known fault, is this BT forcing this or a further fault with Yahoo.

I will now search how to get migrated to BT's mail platform, since I have no wish to share my data with Yahoo's partner.

If I had not had my BT email account in use as my main account since the first ADSL days I would change it, but what a hassle this must be.

I faced Same kind of issue, I am searching proper solution..

0 Ratings
Pruijmboom227
Beginner
Message 10 of 10

Krogerfeedback

@DIZ223wrote:

BT have just telephoned and appear to have resolved my issue.  If your user name is your email address for both MyBT/BTID and your email account then the password should be the same for both accounts. So resetting your password for your BTID account should then result in you being able to access your emails via the BT page.  HOWEVER, this took me ages to actually achieve and eventually it worked. They are adament that they didn't do anything to stop the loop and allow this to happen. Sorry I can't give any more assistance and I wish you the best of luck.

thanks for suggestion....

0 Ratings