cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
CGraham11
Message 1 of 4

Email Password

I'm looking for some help. I have been locked out of my BT yahoo email account and am unable to reset the password, I continually circle to three yahoo security questions dob/postcode/mother maiden name that I cannot get to work for any combination I can think of.  Any ideas how I can get help?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Email Password

Are you a BT broadband customer or are you paying for a BT Premium email account?

If you are neither of them your BTYahoo account may well have been deleted by BT who are in the process of deleting email accounts that do not fall into either of the above categories.

0 Ratings
CGraham11
Message 3 of 4

I personally arent a bt customer but my parents are and the email account is linked to that main account. Surely if the are deleting accounts they should notify users? 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

If your account is linked to a current BT Broadband account then it will not have been deleted.

See link about why email accounts are deleted.

https://www.bt.com/help/email/why-has-my-bt-email-address-been-suspended-or-deleted-

As regards notifying users, they are notified when they leave BT Broadband of the above. Thereafter the email accounts are deleted without further communication.

As regards your problem. If your account is a sub account of your parents, it is the main/master email account's answers to the security questions that need to be given.

If you can still not gain access you should contact BT 0800.800.150 and they should be able to reset it for you.

You may be asked some security questions when you call BT so you may be best to have the BT account holder handy when you call.

0 Ratings