cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 4

Email Problems after Setting Root Folder Outlook 2016

Hi all, I have a problem with BT Yahoo email and Outlook 2016. Someone (not me!) made a change in Outlook on a client's PC, so to try and get an automated email process working. All was working prior to this. They inserted "Inbox" as the root folder in the advanced settings in Outlook. The affect was to lose the folder structure under Inbox. So he backed this out and removed the root folder. Now the folders return, but the Inbox does not sync and also permissions appear to have been wrecked on the inbox: I can't delete emails etc - receive the "you do not have appropriate permissions to perform this task" etc.

If I re-insert the Inbox as the root folder, mail reappears in the Inbox but is not up to date. So something has really messed up. The real oddity is that this is consistent across two machines - both have the issue. I installed Outlook clean on a new PC and again the same behaviour occurred.

Webmail is fine, as well as any other email application, eg Windows Mail, Thunderbird etc. Any ideas? Of course the user wants to use Outlook, which is fair enough, and worked fine until this change was made.

Thanks

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Email Problems after Setting Root Folder Outlook 2016

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 4

Yes I have. I have also removed and reinstalled Office on both PCs to test.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 4 of 4

...but this behaviour is also the same on my own PC when I tried it (happens to be 2013 on that machine).

0 Ratings