cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 1 of 9

Email Reply Marker

Hi all can someone please advice if this is still an ongoing issue. 

The problem since I was migrated to the new BT mail account I have found that each time I reply to an email using bt webmail, that email  I have just replied to is not marked with a reply marker to indicate that I have replied to it. 

This only happens on webmail with any web browser. I have tested it on chrome and macOS safari. If I use the native iPhone mail app to reply to an email it works correctly and shows the email has ben replied to with a marker. It only happens when i log into my bt email account using webmail. 

I have found two threads about this issue from 2020: 

https://community.bt.com/t5/Email/New-Bt-email-issues/td-p/2067403

https://community.bt.com/t5/Email/An-email-I-replied-to-yesterday-no-longer-shows-the-replied-to/td-...

The first link a moderator replied on the last post to state this has been added to the road map but this is over 1 year now please can a moderator or anyone advice is this still a known issue or is there a problem just for me?

Thanks 

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Email Reply Marker

Works fine in Firefox.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

Hi @Anonymous this feature is on webmail, I've just tested it in Chrome to be sure and my reply shows a small arrow to the left of the email address/subject indicating that I've replied.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 4 of 9

thank you all for the reply. 

@NeilO is there anyway you can also test it on macOS safari browser. The problem is it does work sometimes I can see the marker but not on all emails I reply to would show the marker after I have replied to the email and refreshed the webmail. The marker would show up straight away once I replied to the email but once I refresh the webmail it disappears sometimes for some emails it does not disappear and the reply marker stays but it is pot luck basically. Please can you try to test it on a safari browser and also refresh the Page once you have replied to the email to see if the reply marker stays on and if possible can you try replying to a few different mails and see how it behaves?

Thanks. 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

Hi @Anonymous thanks for getting back to me, unfortunately, I don't have access to the macOS browser to test this myself but I'll be happy to raise this with our email experts for investigation. 

I'll send you a private message in a moment so you can get in touch with the moderation team and we'll raise a case. You'll get the private message by clicking on the envelope in the top right of the community.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 6 of 9

@NeilO thanks for the assistance yes I have received your private message. I will keep monitoring the behaviour of the reply marker as the last few emails I have been sending/replying to have not had any problems which is very strange but I will keep monitoring it and if I get any further issues I will message you back privately thanks again. 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Hi @Anonymous, thanks for the update and should the issue return you can always reply to the PM.

cheers

John

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 8 of 9

@JohnC2 @NeilO  hi both i have just retested by replying to another email and I am having the same problem the reply marker is not showing once I refresh the page. 

I have replied to the private message please can someone contact me?

thanks. 

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

You will be contacted once you have reached the top of the mod's list. They are a very small team and deal with cases strictly in order of receipt.

0 Ratings