Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
philhudson1979
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Email Rules

Hi

I have setup some folders on the webmail, I have tried to setup rules to move emails into them if they are from a certain address.

What option do I select in the subject field if I want every email from that address to go into a folder and not a specific subject

Thanks

Phil

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Email Rules

@philhudson1979 wrote:

Hi

I have setup some folders on the webmail, I have tried to setup rules to move emails into them if they are from a certain address.

What option do I select in the subject field if I want every email from that address to go into a folder and not a specific subject

Thanks

Phil

It's difficult to see exactly what you are trying to do.
The logical condition would be "IF sender is from that email address THEN move to this folder."

Unless I have missed something, then the subject field, (in this case), is irrelevant.

Are you looking for a specific condition? IF this sender AND this subject???

0 Ratings
philhudson1979
Contributor
Message 3 of 4

The only way you can set up a rule is by opening an email, the email address is fine but the subject field is filled in with the subject of the email that is open.

How do I bypass the subject so it only moves emails from a certain address and ignores the subject?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

@philhudson1979 wrote:

The only way you can set up a rule is by opening an email, the email address is fine but the subject field is filled in with the subject of the email that is open.

How do I bypass the subject so it only moves emails from a certain address and ignores the subject?

Apologies!

I had to think twice after posting.

To be on the safe side:- In the subject field, delete the subject text, and type in an obscure word or phrase, as if you were creating a passphrase. The select the option, "does not contain". It's up to you whether you select word or phrase in the options, although I suspect that if you type in a single word it's simpler.

Don't know if the filters accept ampersands etc., although they should if it's been designed correctly. Nor can it be certain what will happen if you leave the field blank, and you select "does not contain".

Also, of you have other rules, then set to ignore them.

You will not lose anything if the rule fails.

0 Ratings