cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Email Slow for deletions

I use the BT email app on my laptop. It generally works fine apart from being very slow to delete emails after selecting them. I thought it was linked to the speed of my wifi but we've just updated to fibre and it's precisely the same.  Gmail works fine so I suspect it's an issue with the BT app. This extends my time administering emails considerably so I'd like to resolve this if possible.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Email Slow for deletions

Ditch the BTMail client/ app and use one of the many superior free ones such as Thunderbird.

Message 3 of 5

Thats may have to be the solution.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

I have been experiencing the same problem for months on my PC. It starts out okay when deleting emails but starts to get slower and slower until my Chrome browser starts coming up with wait warnings. It is like there is a cumulative problem similar to a memory leak  that degrades the system.

The only solution is to  restart the BT email application. If you are trying to clear down a lot of unwanted emails it becomes a real pain.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

I spoke to BT about this recently. They advised that it was probably my laptop and nothing they could do. Sounds like others have a similar problem though.

0 Ratings