Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 3

Email Spam or email block?

Go to solution

Okay. I keep getting an email from a company in the US called GAB? On their email it states at the bottom of the email I can unsubscribe, click here. The unsubscribe is 'greyed out' and doesn't work? The email was marked as spam and now arrives in my Spam folder. I went through BT's advice on blocking. The address I blocked was gabnews@mailer.gab.com? This is in my list of blocked emails. Why do I keep receiving an email from them every week when it is clearly blocked?

Any help would be appreciated. I have written to them and asked NOT to keep sending the emails, but they just ignore.

Thank you.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Email Spam or email block?

Go to solution

Keep marking it as spam. If it goes into your spam folder that means its working.

The block email only works if the email address is the same one every time. If you check the email headers you will probably find that although you see the same email address it is actually being sent from a different address every time. 

This is called spoofing the address. Spammers do it all the time.

If you contact them or unsubscribe all you are doing is confirming they are sending to an active email account and that can lead to even more spam coming your way.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: Email Spam or email block?

Go to solution

Thank you @gg30340  That explains it then. Canny buggers eh!

0 Ratings