cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gif
Message 1 of 4

Email Sub Account Deletions

I seem to be stuck in the same loop that others have reported.  I have managed to navigate myself to the "Manage your email addresses" page on BT.com.

I see three email address that belong to me and three that apparently I have given to my friends and family.  

First point is, all the addresses were set up by me and solely used by me so where did this "friends and family" stuff come from? What differentiates one of these emails that I have "given away?"

Second point is that the FAQ tells me that I can delete a sub account by pressing the delete link.  After this the page will ask me to confirm deletion.  This does not happen!  If I click delete on one of these friends and family emails, the screen simply refreshes with apparently nothing having happened.

I spoke to the Online Chat Machine thingy on the weekend and was told this was normal behaviour and that the email address would disappear in 24 hours.  I was suspicious that this wasn't correct and sure enough the email address is still there.

So, the $64,000 question, how do I actually delete a friends and family sub account?

Thanks

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Email Sub Account Deletions

Hi @Gif,

I'll be able to help you get those email addresses deleted. Please can you send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile?

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
Gif
Message 3 of 4

Details sent as requested!  I'm still unclear as to why I cannot use the "Delete" option on the website, is this a bug or something more fundamental?

0 Ratings
Gif
Message 4 of 4

All seems to be resolved now thanks to Mods.  The solution for anyone elese stumbling across this thread lay in the following.

The emails flagged as friends and family were showing up like this as they had their own BTID set up.  I have no idea how or why this was done but it was.  So getting the mods to disassociate them and return the emails to the control of my main account allowed me to delete the email accounts using the "Manage My Email" option in My BT on the BT website.

0 Ratings