Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Paulus47
Contributor
Message 1 of 17

Email Sub Accounts Not Being Removed

Go to solution

I have two email sub-accounts that I deleted ages (over a year) ago and they are still marked as 'prending deletion'. I tried reactivating them with a view to deleting again, but the reactivation request fails (not surprisingly). I do not wnat these sub-accounts any longer and would like them consigned to history. Can you help please? 

0 Ratings
16 REPLIES 16
Kleisthenes
Contributor
Message 2 of 17

Re: Email Sub Accounts Not Being Removed

Go to solution

I have the same problem.

Some time ago (well over a year), as the primary account holder, I deleted an email address that I originally created for my wife to use but, subsequently, it was no longer required. The status changed to “Pending Deletion” and has remained like that ever since. The only option available, on the “BT Email - Manage your email addresses” page, is “Reactivate”, which I don’t want to do. Is there anyway of removing all record of this email address?

I have a similar problem with an email address that I originally created for myself to use. Some time ago, I deleted it but it now appears in the list of email addresses on the “BT Email - Manage your email addresses” page without any status indication and without any options to do anything with it. Is there anyway of removing all record of this email address?

Are either of these issues worth a complaint to BT?

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 17

Go to solution

The  redundant email accounts should have "dropped off" by now. From previous posts about similar problem for some reason if you contact BT regarding it the Customer Services do not seem to know how to resolve the problem.

In view of this I have notified the moderators of the forum about your problem. Once they have read this they may be able to help. They are a BT UK based team and if they can help they will reply via this thread asking you to contact them via a link. They are very busy at present so once you have replied to them by the link, it can take 48 hours for them to re-contact you.

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 4 of 17

Go to solution

@Paulus47 & @Kleisthenes we'll be able to help you get this sorted. Please use the 'click here to contact the mods' link in my forum profile to send in your details. You can find the link by clicking on my username.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Paulus47
Contributor
Message 5 of 17

Go to solution
Thanks, Neil. I have done as you suggested.
Paul.
0 Ratings
Paulus47
Contributor
Message 6 of 17

Go to solution
Thanks for referring the problem.
Paul.
0 Ratings
Kleisthenes
Contributor
Message 7 of 17

Go to solution

@NeilOwrote:

@Paulus47 & @Kleisthenes we'll be able to help you get this sorted. Please use the 'click here to contact the mods' link in my forum profile to send in your details. You can find the link by clicking on my username.

Thanks

Neil

Also done as requested.  Thank you.

0 Ratings
DanielS
Message 8 of 17

Go to solution

Thanks for taking the time to speak with me today @Paulus47.

I'm glad I was able to remove them for you.

Take care and enjoy your evening.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
Kleisthenes
Contributor
Message 9 of 17

Go to solution

@DanielSwrote:

Thanks for taking the time to speak with me today @Paulus47.

I'm glad I was able to remove them for you.

Take care and enjoy your evening.

Thanks

DanielS

Surely, it is a little misleading flagging this post as the solution?  I still have the same problem, as documented earlier in the thread, and this post doesn't tell me how to solve it.

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 17

Go to solution

It is the OP of the thread who marks the post as solved and in this instance it has obviously been solved for him.

You were also offered help to solve your problem by the moderator, did you take up that offer and have they been in contact with you?

0 Ratings