Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kleisthenes
Contributor
Message 11 of 17

Re: Email Sub Accounts Not Being Removed

Go to solution

@gg30340wrote:

It is the OP of the thread who marks the post as solved and in this instance it has obviously been solved for him.

You were also offered help to solve your problem by the moderator, did you take up that offer and have they been in contact with you?

Yes, I did take up the offer and used the contact link as reported in an earlier post in this thread.  But I haven't heard from them yet.  Should I use the link again, or should I wait a little longer?

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 17

Go to solution

Use the link again.

EDIT: I have re-contacted the moderators asking them to give you an update.

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 13 of 17

Go to solution

@Kleisthenes I'm sorry about the delay getting back to you, we're running a little behind at the moment. I can see you're details in our queue so no need to send them again and we will be in touch when you reach the top of our list. 

0 Ratings
Kleisthenes
Contributor
Message 14 of 17

Go to solution

@NeilOwrote:

@Kleisthenes I'm sorry about the delay getting back to you, we're running a little behind at the moment. I can see you're details in our queue so no need to send them again and we will be in touch when you reach the top of our list. 

I can wait.  No problem.  I was just afraid that, by having the thread marked as "solved", my problem would then get ignored.  Clearly, that is not the case.  Thank you for reassuring me.

0 Ratings
Paulus47
Contributor
Message 15 of 17

Go to solution
Sorry you are still having to wait for a solution, Kleisthenes. I'm sure you will soon be helped, as I was. It wasn't me who marked the problem as solved, but I imagine Daniel would have done so after deleting my sub-accounts for me.
0 Ratings
DanielS
Message 16 of 17

Go to solution

Hi @Kleisthenes,

Thanks for taking the time to speak with my colleague today. She let me know that you had been in touch so I removed the emails for you. Take care and have a great weekend.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
Kleisthenes
Contributor
Message 17 of 17

Go to solution

Just to close the loop, my email sub-accounts have been deleted. My thanks to all those who replied and helped to resolve my problem.

The only slight “hiccup” was that the person from BT who phoned me proceeded to ask me for identity information. However, because of all the scams and fraudulent activity these days, I never divulge identity information on an incoming call unless I have some means of authenticating the caller (that is, proving that they are who they say they are). So we agreed that we would resolve the problem by email rather than by phone, and all worked well.

Increasingly, this is becoming more of a problem. Banks, building societies, retailers, utilities, etc. are very good at devising ways of authenticating me when I phone them or log in to their online systems, but they are absolutely hopeless at providing ways by which I can authenticate them if they phone me.

0 Ratings