cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2

Email Sync Issues on iPhone

Hi,

I have recently had a new iPhone and installed my email account for BT Yahoo mail through the mail application on the iPhone.

The folder called 'Yahoo!' wouldn't let me install my email through it so I had to install it through the folder called 'Other'. The mail was synced when I installed it but at times when I go into the mail ap and then to my BT Yahoo mail account some email folders are not there.

I have checked the port settings and they are correct with those advised and I have checked that all the folders in my BT Yahoo email are subscribed.

Is this a syncing issue? Does anyone have any advice/suggestions on how to fix this?

Many Thanks

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 2

Re: Email Sync Issues on iPhone

Sorry for the late reply not sure if you got this solved or not. When you install mail on Idevices the server settings never seem to save correctly.

In order to get it working you need to go into settings, password and accounts, add mail account, select other and put your bt email address fully  in but use the  WRONG password. This will then allow you to manually set up the email account.

The server settings should be mail.btinternet.com. you need to clear the password that is ***** and retype the email password. Scroll down and do this to the outgoing mail password too. Click save and you should be good to go

Has solved many customers email issues on idevices.

0 Ratings