cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 13

Email - Widely-reported login problems - Could a Mod please investigate?

I, and several others, have reported recent recurring problems with login to BT email.

Email for many people is more of a necessity than a luxury, particularly during the current crisis.

I appreciate that the moderators are currently extremely busy, and have to prioritise in particular areas, but could this please be investigated to make sure the BT email team is aware, and a report back be given to the forum/community?

A very recent thread is here, and in the thread I've put a link to other very recent, similar cases:-

https://community.bt.com/t5/Email/Email-login/m-p/2035453#M79983

Thanks,

Mike.

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 13

Re: Email - Widely-reported login problems - Could a Mod please investigate?

I have advised the moderators regarding this issue. As you are aware they are extremely busy at the moment but I am sure they will try and get this issue resolved as soon as possible and post an update when they have any information.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 3 of 13

Thanks gg30340, for bringing this to the moderators' attention. We'll await the update in due course.

Mike.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 13

1) Is it webmail, ie logging on via a browser, that is causing the problem?

2) You have cleared history and cookies.

3) You have tried different browsers.

4) Are you using a VPN?

I'm sure the answer to 1,2,3 is Yes but I don't believe you have been asked about 4.

If you do have a VPN can you try logging on without it being active.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 5 of 13

gg30340,

In my own case, the answers are as below. I leave it to others to report their own circumstances, if different.

1. It *is* webmail, ie logging-in using a browser, usually via the purple log-in screen.

2. I have cleared history/cookies, and do this frequently, both within the browsers themselves and also separately from outside the browsers using my McAfee "Livesafe" (not the BT-supplied one, which is not activated, but a separate, paid-for subscription).

3. I have tried all the 3 browsers I regularly use: Internet Explorer 11 (my default); Chrome; ("new") MS Edge. Sometimes when one browser doesn't allow me to log in, another one does, but there doesn't seem to be any consistency as to which one (if any) will work successfully on any occasion.

4. I am not using a VPN (Virtual Private Network?), and have never installed one on my machine.

Thanks,

Mike.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 13

Noted. I will pass that on.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 13

I have been having this problem since 20 April.  It affects my email whether I use Edge, Chrome or Firefox. I have changed passwords, but it makes no difference.    I have chatted with a BT tech and he says that because I can log in with a laptop, it is a problem with my PC.  I did manage to get in on the PC without my VPN, but today, with or without the VPN, I cannot log in.

The last time something similar happened, I chatted with both a BT tech and a MS tech, both blamed the other system! Neither could solve the problem.  On that occasion, the process righted itself after a few days.  I am hoping the same thing will happen again!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 13

I have noted your posts on the other threads regarding having no update regarding this issue.

As yet there has been no update from the moderators other than the initial request for answers to the questions I posted.  I am aware that they have contacted the Email Team and I am sure when they have an update it will be passed on.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 9 of 13

Okay, thanks gg30340 for the update/confirmation on the status with regards to the moderators and the email team.

I am appreciative of your efforts in this matter.

Mike.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 10 of 13

Hi, I have been having this problem over the last 2 or 3 days.  To get back in I have had to change passwords more than once on 2 of my btinternet email addresses and also on the BT account login.  It is almost as though the accounts have been hacked.  I have BT Mcaffee on all my PCs and a full scan has found nothing.  Also received a password reset code via text this morning that I hadn't requested.  Is this seriously being looked at please?

0 Ratings