cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Email access problem on my mobile phone

Go to solution

Recently, the email app on my mobile phone that I have linked to BT Mail has started to ask me for a password to access the app. All inbound emails have ceased to arrive, and I can no longer send any emails, (or reply) from my phone.  Yet I have made no changes. On the app, for settings,  one selects the server to be accessed, then enters email address, and password. A password is recorded there when I access Settings, and I haven't altered it on the BT web pages. 

Obviously something is wrong somewhere, it is knowing where ! AFAIK the app hasn't changed, although I have updated the Android phone software. Phone is a Samsung. I just wondered if BT have made any changes to their software.  Needless to say everything works perfectly on the desktop I'm typing this on, so this would seem to be a problem with the phone app, but who knows ?

If anybody has had a similar experience and knows the answer, please advise.

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Email access problem on my mobile phone

Go to solution

Are you a BT Broadband customer or paying for your email via a BT Premium email account?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

BT Broadband

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

I would suggest that if the problem has started after you updated the phones software that will be where the problem lies.

I am assuming that you are using the email app that came with the phone.

Check that you have the correct settings in the email app as per this link.

BT Email server settings | BT Help

If the settings are correct, I would uninstall the email app and then reinstall it and set up the BTMail account using the settings in the link. If you do not want to uninstall the app you should delete the email account and then restart your phone and then reset up the BTMail account. 

If all your emails are not on the BT server when you check your email account via a web browser (webmail) remember to backup your emails before doing either of the above 

See link

Set up your BT Email | How to access your email | BT Help

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

Many thanks, I'll check it out, but now it's bedtime !

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

The answer turned out to be the password, although I hadn't recently changed it. I suspect the mobile software update reverted to an old password, probably entered when the phone was set up. Trouble was I had forgotten the current BT password ! However, I managed to find it in the log-on screen to get into BT.com, entered this one into the phone email and away it went !

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

I had this problem this morning.

Am BT BB customer.

Can log in with password, but cannot open any emails. Keep tapping on email, Nothing happens.

Will utilise computer and try again later.

No replies required thanks...

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

Update.

SOLVED....

Shut down mobile.

Started mobile.

Now have access.

0 Ratings