Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
chrisarkle
Contributor
Message 1 of 16

Email account problem

Go to solution

I am hoping to resolve a problem that one of my customers is having with their email account. They can receive emails okay on their iPad but cannot send them at all. Have reset the password and reconfigured it with no luck and now find that it won't even allow you to compose a new email via webmail, giving "error 0781" when you try to send. I assume that this is something on the account or server so hope somebody can get in touch and I can give you the details.

Many thanks

Chris Arkle, Arkle IT

0 Ratings
15 REPLIES
Message 2 of 16

Re: Email account problem

Go to solution

Hi @chrisarkle

Thanks for your post!

Apologies that your friend is seeing the "error 0781" when trying to send emails from their btinternet mailbox.  Have a look at this link for some advice >BT Mail email send limits (error 452 or 0781)<

Cheers,

Robbie

Community ModeratorRobbieMac
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a Private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thank You
0 Ratings
chrisarkle
Contributor
Message 3 of 16

Go to solution

Thanks for the reply although it does not resolve the issue - how do I get the account working again. This is a home user who sends very few emails out and these are mostly just replies to incoming messages so cannot see why they should get blocked for sending out too many.

Hope that someone can do something to resolve this as they have been unable to send for several days now. I can provide all the account details so you can check it out for me as I am their IT Support technician

Thanks

Chris Arkle

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 16

Go to solution

Hi @chrisarkle

Thanks for posting back so quickly.

As you believe your friend does not send a large amount of emails we will need to take the details and have a look at this from here.

Click on my username here >> RobbieMac << and you'll see our contact link underneath my profile picture.

Cheers,

Robbie

Community ModeratorRobbieMac
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a Private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thank You
0 Ratings
chrisarkle
Contributor
Message 5 of 16

Go to solution

Have posted all the details so hope to get something done soon as customer needs email to communicate with people..

Thanks

Chris Arkle

0 Ratings
chrisarkle
Contributor
Message 6 of 16

Go to solution

Still no response from anyone after posting details to mods. Why are communication companies so difficult to communcate with? This seems to be a common problem but how do we fix it!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 16

Go to solution

The mods are a very small team and are very busy, they deal with problems in strict order of receipt so may be a few days before your form reaches the top of the queue.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 16

Go to solution

Under ideal conditions, the moderators can normally deal within 48 hours, but they are running a bit behind at the moment as they are only a small team based in the UK. They will however take full ownership until any issues are resolved. They are a very good team.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Forumhelp (Private website) Lots of additional information and help.
You will need to be connected to your home BT Broadband connection to view it, or any links to it that I post on this forum.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 9 of 16

Go to solution

@chrisarklewrote:

I am hoping to resolve a problem that one of my customers is having with their email account. They can receive emails okay on their iPad but cannot send them at all. Have reset the password and reconfigured it with no luck and now find that it won't even allow you to compose a new email via webmail, giving "error 0781" when you try to send. I assume that this is something on the account or server so hope somebody can get in touch and I can give you the details.

Many thanks

Chris Arkle, Arkle IT

Hi.

This issue is usually down to one reason, the account has a flag set on it as zero. In other words, do not let the user send emails. The cause is unknown, but they seem blame it on spam of some form. It's possible the system believes the account has been sending spam, which might be due to a spam run with the email address set as the "from" address. This has nothing to do with the user of course, but the stupid system can still set it as "do not send".

It can reset itself, but usually needs moderator intervention.

A settings change/password change usually has no affect, and is not recommended (though a password change can sometimes clear the account in other scenarios).

0 Ratings
chrisarkle
Contributor
Message 10 of 16

Go to solution

Thanks Andy_N for that info. Sounds about right for the problem and hopefully will be able to get it sorted out soon. I assume that the long delays are down to the old "outsourced support" problem?

0 Ratings