cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
davidmccauley
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Email account suspended and unable to unlock

I've a customer whose BT email account seems to have been suspended due to unusual activity.

When we try to log in at the BT website we get the attached message.

You'll notice that the security question is blank (it's an old account so presumably there's no security question set on the account).

I got the account holder to phone BT - TWICE - and both times she was promised a letter would be sent out with a code she could use to recover the account - 3 weeks on and still no letter. She really doesn't want to lose the email address.

The most recent telephone call she was promised that someone would call back, but again that hasn't happened.

Is there someone here who can help if I put you in touch directly with account holder - she is in her 80's and desperate.Capture.JPG

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Email account suspended and unable to unlock

I haveI have notified the moderators of the forum about your problem. Once they have read this they may be able to help. They are very busy at present so it can take up to 24 hours for them to contact you. They will do this by posting on this thread.

0 Ratings
davidmccauley
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Thankyou!
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Hi @davidmccauley.  Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

To help with email issues like this we need to validate the account holder to the highest level for security and data protection reasons, if this can't be done by sending a pin via txt message or email then a letter is sent with a password which is used to validate the account holder and I'm really sorry this hasn't arrived.  The password that's sent isn't used to recover the email account its only needed to ensure we're dealing with the account holder.

I'll send you a Private Message with details on how you can provide us with her contact details and we'll be happy to help.

0 Ratings