cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
clackers
Contributor
Message 1 of 12

Email account won't open and can't see sub accounts

I set up a sub account in the name I was to change to after my marriage which has now happened so I'm changing everything to the new name and using the email address I set up in advance.  I am receiving emails for that address on my blackberry but can't access that account here on the bt account. I also need to set up a redirection instruction for my previously used email address but I can't see how to do it in that email account which I can access. Amazingly I think I have changed over my primary email to the new one but until I can set up the redirection I can't stop having that email address go to the blackberry too. I need clear basic advice with links if possible. I'm only able to get online with an iPad or the blackberry.

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 12

Re: Email account won't open and can't see sub accounts

Which email service are you on. Is it BTYahoo or BTMail. If you are not sure use this link.

http://diagnostics.bt.com/login/?workflow=EmailChecker&s_intcid=con_searchpriority_genericmail?s_int... Con_community:Email and Apps:L2:BT.com:BT Email Checker

Once you have established that it should be possible to give further advice.

Does your present email address work OK on the Blackberry and iPad?

0 Ratings
clackers
Contributor
Message 3 of 12

I checked the old account and the new account and both are on bt mail. 

0 Ratings
clackers
Contributor
Message 4 of 12

Both email addresses are working fine on my blackberry.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 12

Is this correct:

1) The original email address (maiden name) sends and receives on iPad and Blackberry.

2) The sub-account (married name) sends and receives on iPad and Blackberry.

If that is correct and you want to forward all your emails from original email (maiden) to sub-account (married).

If that is correct you need to log onto your BTMail maiden account using this link

https://signin1.bt.com/login/emailloginform

Once logged on go to "Settings" then "Mail" then "Auto Forward". Tick the box "Auto Forward" and Enter the email address of the Married email address into the destination box.

Decide if you want to tick the box "Keep copy etc" then click the "Save" button at the top.

Your emails from "maiden" should now be automatically sent to "maiden".

You will still receive emails from the maiden account on your Blackberry and iPad because you will still have that email account set up on the devices. If you no longer want to have that account on your devices you need delete it from the devices.

0 Ratings
clackers
Contributor
Message 6 of 12

Yes the maiden and married emails are both going to the blackberry. I don't have a settings option when I log in to the email account using the link. There is an options tab and just has stuff to do with spam and auto signature. 

I do hope to stop having maiden name emails coming to the blackberry but need to do the auto forward you mentioned before I can do that. 

Im logging in with the iPad but I think it still qualifies as a mobile device. Is that why I can't see a settings tab do you think?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 12

@clackers wrote:

Im logging in with the iPad but I think it still qualifies as a mobile device. Is that why I can't see a settings tab do you think?

Quite likely. Is there a setting to request desktop site?

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 12

It will be showing as a mobile device. If you scroll to the foot of the page it may give you an option to switch to "full". If not you will need to log on via a non mobile device and see if you can access it from there.

0 Ratings
clackers
Contributor
Message 9 of 12

I finally got on to my daughters laptop and logged in to the maiden name email account. I went in to settings and from there none of the options were as mentioned on here so I haven't been able to set up auto-forward. 

Also, I went on to manage sub-accounts and found the married name email account wasn't listed in my sub-accounts. This must be why I can't even log in to that email account on the bt internet emails. I can't work out where that one has gone. It still works because I'm receiving emails in that name on my blackberry. I also tried to set it up as a sub-account and was advised to be more imaginative because someone already has that name.  I'm glad about this because it's me I have it. But how and where and why won't it open. If I attempt to log in with the correct password it just reloads the log in page with blank fields. If I try to log in with an incorrect password it comes up with the exclamation mark and message about either the user name or password being incorrect. So it knows about the email account it just seems to be lost. 

So so yet again here I am having a complete and utter nightmare with the service and product from bt. I'm feeling massively distressed by this. I've been changing my name on all sorts of documents and accounts in my life and using the email address I set up a few months ago. I can't even allow myself to consider that I've lost the email address it is too much to handle besides I am receiving emails in that name. 

Please can someone contact me to look into this. im utterly desperate 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 12

I have notified the moderators of the forum about your problem. Once they have read this they may be able to help. They are a BT UK based team and if they can help they will reply via this thread asking you to contact them via a link. Once you have replied to them by the link, it can at present take up to five working days for them to re-contact you.

0 Ratings