cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Email address puzzle.

Go to solution

I have had an email with a btopenworld.com go into my spam. I do not have a "btopenworld.com" email address, both my email accounts are "bt.com" accounts, so how can this happen?  Any suggestions please. 

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Email address puzzle.

Go to solution

xxx@btopenworld and xxx@btinternet.com are the same thing and are entirely interchangeable.

If the part before the @btopenworld.com wasn't the same as your email address, it just means that it was sent to your address as Bcc along with hundreds of others.

Message 3 of 6

Go to solution
Thank you for such a quick reply, but It was the same as one of my bt.com addresses, so hence my concern.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

I assume you mean btinternet.com rather than bt.com. As I said, they are totally interchangeable. You can verify it for yourself by sending yourself an email at btopenworld.com.

Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

My apologies, yes it should have been btinternet.com. 

So acting on your advice I have just sent myself an email from that "openworld.com" address and blow me it has arrived in my inbox.      I never realised I had an "openworld.com" email address, I always believed that "btopenworld.com" was something entirely different like hotmail or gmail etc. so thank you so much for that explanation.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

When BT email first started, all the addresses were in the form xxxx@btinternet.com, they then went through a period of using xxx@btopenworld.com for a while. When they reverted to using xxxx@btinternet.com again, they made the 2 forms of address interchangeable.

0 Ratings