Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
karambo
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

Email address secured - can't retrieve it now

Go to solution

I've had this message: "We've secured your email address to protect you and your personal information.

This is because someone might have got into your email account without your permission and could use it to send spam or get personal information like your bank details.

What you need to do
You won't be able to access your email address while it's secured. Click here and follow the instructions."

I click there and it takes me to the generic BT home page where there are no instructions and no links to get my email back. Can anyone tell me how to get my email back on Outlook. The first thing I did was change my password, but that hasn't worked. 

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Email address secured - can't retrieve it now

Go to solution

Are you 100% certain that the message was a genuine one from BT. What format was the message ie was it an email or a pop up when you tried to log on?

Where did you try to change your password, was it on the BT webpage or just in your Outlook program?

What happens when you try to log on on using the "Email" button at the top right of this page?

karambo
Beginner
Message 3 of 3

Re: Email address secured - can't retrieve it now

Go to solution
Hi Mr Sage
Thanks for your prompt response. I was able to see the email on my BT but not via Outlook. I changed the passwords on both my BT and Outlook and hey presto. Just wish they would let you know when this happens. I don't check into MY BT ever unless there's a problem. It would have been ok if the link had worked. Thanks anyway. Karambo
0 Ratings