Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
oldchris
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Email address to friends and family

Go to solution

Hi There

I imported an email address into my MyBT account from my husbands MyBT account. In error, I then started to give that address to 'Friends and Family' and the address was moved out of my list of active email addresses. However I did not proceed to activate the address. Can anybody advise on how I cancel the 'Friends and Family' status and move the address back into my list of addresses?

Best wishes

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
StephanieG
Community Manager - Retired
Message 2 of 6

Re: Email address to friends and family

Go to solution

Hi @oldchris  welcome to the community. can I just check, at what point of the "gifting" process did you stop?

0 Ratings
oldchris
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Hi StephanieG

I did this a few days ago so my memory of what I actually did is a bit hazy. My recollection is that, after importing the email address, I clicked 'See Options' and selected 'Give this email address'. After having done that I realised that I had made an error and aborted the procedure.

If I now select 'Email addresses you've given to friends and family (1)'  I get the following:

xxx@btinternet.com

You've given away an email address but it hasn't been activated yet. This email address will expire in 26 days. If your friend or family member has lost the link, you can give it to them again. Here is the link:

https://my.bt.com/appsprofile/registration/affiliatesignup.do?emailName=xxx

I do hope you'll be able to help

Regards

0 Ratings
JohnC2
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

Hi @oldchris  Thanks for posting back. The email address may be stuck in the transfer process so I've sent you a Private message explaining how you can contact the forum moderation team and we will look into this further for you.
Check here: https://community.bt.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage

cheers
John

0 Ratings
DanielS
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

Hi @oldchris,

Thanks for taking the time to speak with me today.

I am glad that I was able to restore your email account for you Smiley Happy

Take care and have a great evening.

Thanks

DanielS

oldchris
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Thanks to the moderators (especially DanielS) for resolving my problems.  All now seems to be fine.

Great support!