cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
greyslug
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Email address

Just had this e-mail and followed the link to register my email address which was no help at all! Any suggestions?

Important Information About your BT Email Service
Hello,
As you've used your  email address in the last 90 days, we need to let you know about some changes we're making.
We're closing some of our older email services. That means your BT email address might stop working after 26th January 2019, unless you add it to your BT Broadband account. If you don't do that, you'll lose your email address as well as the contacts and messages associated with it.
Keep your email by adding it to your BT Broadband account
If you want to keep it, it's quick, easy and free. Just link your email address to your BT Broadband account by following the steps at  bt.com/linkemail .

We sent you this message because you've got BT Broadband and you need to verify your email address if you already have it in Broadband. If that's not right and you want to find out how to keep your BT email address, go to  bt.com/emailchanges .
Don't need your email address any more?
If you don't want to keep your email address, and everything associated with it, tell us and we'll delete it for you.
I don't want my email address
To find out more, or for information on how to save copies of your messages and contacts. go to  bt.com/emailchanges .

Thanks,

Libby Barr
Managing Director, Sales and Service

Edited by mod: All hidden malicious links have been removed

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Email address

Its spam, do not click on any links or you will lose access to your account, and may reveal personal information. The links do not go to BT, its just a phishing attempts, and an old one at that.

0 Ratings
Andy_N
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 4

@greyslugwrote:

Just had this e-mail and followed the link to register my email address which was no help at all! Any suggestions?

Hi, welcome to the forums.

The email is a phish scam.

If you've clicked one of the links, and have entered any personal details at all - then you need to alter your passwords via the BT site directly asap.

If you still can, you need to edit your post to remove all the links as they go to a scam site .

0 Ratings
DanielS
Message 4 of 4

Hi @greyslug,

Did you enter any of your details on the hidden links in that scam email?

How can I tell if my email account has been compromised?

Recovery of BT Mail compromised email account

I recommend changing your password if you have typed it after clicking on one of those links. If you use your email and password for other sites I strongly recommend you change the passwords there also.

If you need any help or advice, please let me know.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings