Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Bobinog1972
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Email addresses not being linked to main account

Go to solution

With the move to the new login page, I'm now unable to access 2 bt email that weren't previously linked to my main BT account (hangover of once having 2 accounts).  I did follow the linking process that was emailed to me before the switchover, but can see these 2 email addresses haven't been linked to my main account as they should have been.  The emails are still active though as I can access them through Outlook, but sometimes I want to access emails a little quicker (anyone who uses Outlook on Windows 8 will know what I mean).

I've emailed the customer care re this with all the details (old main accounts, new main accounts, email addresses not being linked etc) but they are trying to call me to discuss this - I'm not sure what more I can give them.  I suffer mild hearing problems and very bad tinitus and always struggle with foreign call centres due to interference on the line and diffiuclty with the accents so am already worried about calling them as I know from previous attempts to get help I go round in circles, then get more stressed, have more oproblems hearing ... viscious circle  - anyone know how I can contact someone in the UK for help?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Email addresses not being linked to main account

Go to solution

I'm sure when a moderator reads this they will offer to help you. If they can help they will contact you via this post.

Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Hi Bobinbog1972,

Welcome and thanks for posting. I can look into this for you if you wish. Drop me an email with the details. You'll find the "contact us" form in the about me section of my profile. Once I have the details we'll take it from there.

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
Bobinog1972
Beginner
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

Thank you.  The call centre has sent me an email to say they'll contact me between 12 and 1 pm togady so I'll see how I get on but if not well, I'll certainly give you an email.  I'll keep you posted. 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution
Thanks for letting me know Bobinog1972,

Let us know how you get on.

Cheers

David
Community ModeratorDaveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Bobinog1972
Beginner
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

I think I might have got there, finally.  First operative sorted out login really quickly and I found him quite easy to understand.  Second took about 15 minutes and I did struggle, often asking them to repeat.  But he eventually worked out the problem and the solution and hopefully the addresses will be correctly linked within 24 hours.  Such a relief as previous calls over the past 6 months haven't resulted in any solution to the issue of moving a sub address between accounts and I really did stuggle.  But thank you for your support - I know that if I struggle in future I can come to the forum if need be Smiley Happy (not used it before)

0 Ratings