cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Katy16
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

Email addresses when broadband cancelled

I am struggling to get help to keep three emails having cancelled my broadband. I want to set up premium email but have been told on the phone that BT have to access my computer as my BT ID has a big red warning message now. This is not possible as my PC is a company one and secure. Any one have any advice please I have about a week left to resolve and have been trying for weeks.
0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Email addresses when broadband cancelled

Welcome to this user forum.

See http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/59666/~/what-happens-to-my-email-address-when-my-bt-b...

Please bear in mind that Premium Mail costs £7.50 a month.

0 Ratings
Katy16
Beginner
Message 3 of 7

Thanks for the link Keith, I have tried this several times and am still getting the warning message hence the reason I asked on this forum. Hopefully someone else may have an answer.
0 Ratings
iniltous
Guru
Message 4 of 7

I don't see why anyone would need to access your ( or your company ) PC , after all , you could pick up email on many devices , phone/tablet as well as a 'PC' ...surely if you cannot self manage the email with your BT account ( and unless you have kept a BT account with another product presumably your BT account will also disappear eventually ) why cannot the system administrators sort this out for you on their systems access rather than asking to using your device, presumably you could say you don't have a PC anymore and only use your phone to recieve emails , them asking to remotely access your PC would then  be pointless

0 Ratings
Katy16
Beginner
Message 5 of 7

Exactly my point- just had another ‘round’ of chat messages with BT - the only way to resolve is to call them which is difficult if you work in an environment with restricted phone use!!! You would think it would be simple to set up... after all I want to pay them money to keep the email addresses! Feeling exasperated 😩
0 Ratings
Andy_N
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 7

To moderators.

Please investigate why users are being told that BT need to access a user's computer. This is not the first person to say this in these forums, meaning that it's likely to be more common when people use online chat or phone and are then told the same thing.

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 7 of 7

Hi @Katy16 I'm really sorry about the problems you've had setting up premium mail. There's a dedicated helpdesk for premium mail customers who will be able to assist. They can be contacted on 0808 100 6778 9am to 9pm Mon - Fri 9am to 6.30pm Saturday and Sunday. 

0 Ratings