Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Catsou
Beginner
Message 1 of 27

Email app for Apple products

Go to solution

Hi, can I ask if it’s correct that I need to purchase the  premium package to access my emails through an app? Apparently it’s an extra £7.50 pm just to read my emails, scandalous, surely I can view them without having to be forced into adding this extra expense, using the web Mail at the moment and it’s driving me crazy! Please help!

0 Ratings
26 REPLIES 26
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 27

Re: Email app for Apple products

Go to solution

If you are a BT Broadband customer you can view your emails on any email client/app for free.

If you are no longer a BT Broadband customer you can use BT Basic email for free however this does not work using an email client/app.

If you want to use the BT Email on an email client/app you will need to be a BT Broadband customer or pay for the email service through a BT Premium Email account which cost £7.50 per month.

See link

https://www.bt.com/help/email/bt-email-products

Catsou
Beginner
Message 3 of 27

Go to solution

Hi and thanks for your reply, I am a BT Broadband customer, have been for nearly 30 years, my email worked absolutely fine for all this time then we changed this year to a Business line and overnight I couldn’t access my emails through the email client/app, I have had numerous calls to Apple and they can confirm the problem doesn’t lie with them as I can add the likes of Gmail through the same email app. Surely as a Business customer I shouldn’t need to be forced to pay £7.50 pm for an app to read my emails, I’m clearly missing something? Thanks for any advice.

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 27

Go to solution

Your business contract is entirely separate from your old residential contract and as such you are no longer a customer of BT residential services and associated @btinternet.com email addresses.

gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 27

Go to solution

As has been pointed out, you have moved your contract away from BT residential when you became a BT Business customer and as such you are no longer a BT Broadband customer. This has resulted in your email account being downgraded to the free BT Basic email service which can only be accessed using a web browser (webmail).

If you want to be able to use your BT residential email address on an email client or app you will need to take out a BT Premium email subscription at £7.50 per month. This fee is not for the app. You can use any app you want. The fee is for the email address and being able to use it on an email client/app and any of the other "extras" that BT supply with the service.

CJT80
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 27

Go to solution

@Catsou 

you could in theory forward the BT e-mail address to another account such as GMail and access that via an app.... 

Kind Regards
CJT80
Say thanks by clicking the Thumbs Up icon. Have I resolved your issue? Click "Mark As Accepted Solution"
Catsou
Beginner
Message 7 of 27

Go to solution

I really need to keep my existing email address, please can you advise how to carry out your suggestion above, I’m not clued up on this technology, sorry and thanks so much.

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 27

Go to solution

I don't think you can forward basic mail unfortunately.

gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 27

Go to solution

@CJT80 wrote:

@Catsou 

you could in theory forward the BT e-mail address to another account such as GMail and access that via an app.... 

As far as I am aware  BTBasic email does not allow forwarding.

gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 27

Go to solution

@Catsou wrote:

I really need to keep my existing email address, please can you advise how to carry out your suggestion above, I’m not clued up on this technology, sorry and thanks so much.

You can keep your email address, you just can not access it any other way than by using a web browser. 

While this is not ideal at least you will not lose it, in the past your email account would have been deleted after you closed your BT Broadband account.