Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Weejock
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

Email attachment previewing

Go to solution

I've been using BT Yahoo Mail which now seems to be just BT Mail.  Previously if I had an attachment on an email I would have the choice of previewing or downloading it.  I still have that choice but the preview panel has disappeared and I cannot preview.  I don't want to download every attachment I get so how can I get the preview panel back?  Is this part of the BT email improvements??

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Email attachment previewing

Go to solution

Try clicking on the attachments PDF Icon not the name of the attachment

0 Ratings
Weejock
Beginner
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

Thanks for the suggestion, but what's happened is that the preview panel on the right of the email has all but disappeared.  When I click on "Preview", what's left of the panel shoots right and completely disappears so, no preview. It was working fine until a couple of weeks ago, round about the time I started being told that the system was moving from BT Yahoo, to BT.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

Who told you that the system was moving from BTYahoo to BTMail because they are wrong. If you were on BTYahoo after 2014 you are still on BTYahoo.

If you go into the settings you can change the way the layout of the messages which may help.

0 Ratings
Weejock
Beginner
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

Re the change in email, this is the message I was getting;

If you’re using an internet browser (like Internet Explorer or Google Chrome)
You may be using an old link, to view your email please go to https://www.bt.com/email

Setting up your email?

It looks like you might have selected ‘Yahoo’ when setting up your email, please select ‘Other’ and then enter your email address and password.

Anyway, that's by the by.  With regards to my stated problem, I logged on this afternoon and it seems to have resolved itself.   I can now click  on "Preview" for a document and the preview screen opens up with the document on show.   Weird.  But thanks for your help, anyway.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

All the message means is that you can no longer log on via the Yahoo log on page or the Yahoo server settings and you must use the BT server settings and BT log on page. It does not mean that you have been moved from BTYahoo to BTMail.

Weejock
Beginner
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution
Got it, thanks.
0 Ratings