cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
olusay
Beginner
Message 1 of 13

Email attachment

How do I open email attachments I sent to people in 2008. I can see the attachments, but when I click on them they cannot be opened. I get error messages for .doc, .jpg, and .pdf. This documents are important and they will be life savers as I need them now. I have misplaced all the original documents.

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Carlusha
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 13

Re: Email attachment

Could it be that you have no associated programs with which to view these attachments?

Are you using Windows webmail? A phone? A tablet? An email client?

0 Ratings
olusay
Beginner
Message 3 of 13

i am accessing my via bt.com on my laptop. i can open recent attachments that i sent but not the ones i sent in 2007. i have programs that can pen the attachments. thanks

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 13

Have you tried right clicking on the down arrow to the right of the attachment and downloading/saving it to a folder then trying to open it from the folder?

0 Ratings
olusay
Beginner
Message 5 of 13

yes i have. Thanks

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 13

@olusay wrote:

yes i have. Thanks

... and does it work or not and if not what happens ie do you get an error message?

0 Ratings
olusay
Beginner
Message 7 of 13

It does not work. For Word docs I get a 'convert file' dialog box, for jpg I get 'it appears we do not support this file format' and for pdf I get Adobe Acrobat reader could not open this file.

What is interesting is that I can open the same file formats attachments of the same period (2008) in my inbox

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 13

It sounds like there has been some sort of corruption of the downloaded files.

Are you downloading them "fresh" or have the attachments already been saved on your computer when you first received them and they now will not open? 

0 Ratings
olusay
Beginner
Message 9 of 13

Sorry, this were items that I sent as attachment to other people in 2008. I no longer have the original documents that I sent, but I desperately need them now but cannot open them. When I download them, I cannot open them either. I get the same error.

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 13

Given the passage of time since they were sent and the changes that have taken place in the BT email systems during that time I have my doubts that BT will be able to do anything to help however I have notified the moderators of the forum about your problem. Once they have read this they may be able to help. They are very busy at present so it can take up to 48 hours for them to contact you. They will do this by posting on this thread.

0 Ratings