cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Email ceased

I have 2 btinternet mail addresses that I have had for 20 years, and they are both in use for all that time. However, I decided to update my passwords and logged into BT to find that only one of them is available to update. The other one is missing, and then as I fished around it appeared with “ceased” in red next to it. I’ve never stopped using this email address. How can this be put right?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Email ceased

Are you a BT Broadband customer or are you paying for your email through a BT Premium email account?

If neither of the above BT are in the process of deleting non BT customer's email accounts. 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

No. I’ve had these email addresses for about 20 years. I was a BT customer until mid 2017. I’ve never had any notification that the addresses would cease, and the one that says it has ceased still works. It is the primary address for many of my online accounts in fact. I only discovered this issue yesterday when I sought to update the password. The other email address is still accessible and I have been able to update it.

Can I still resolve this problem? 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Hi @Domperignon and welcome to our community.

Thanks for posting about your email problem. If you don't have an active BT Broadband subscription or are signed up to premium mail your email could be deleted at any time. Your best bet would bee to sign up to premium mail. You get details at What is Premium email and how do I get it? 

Cheers

David

0 Ratings