Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
completebeginner
Contributor
Message 11 of 15

Re: Email changes

Go to solution

Hi Jennygee

Following an idea on another thread, I downloaded an ad-blocker (free) which does what it says on the tin. Go to www.adblockplus.org. There are versions for both PCs and Macs.

0 Ratings
kinnoull
Message 12 of 15

Go to solution

I completely agree. There is just so much wrong with it you don't know where to start. For example, the send and attach butons on a reply are at the foot rather than the top. A complete pain when it's a long email. BT really need to look at this again 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
prabtcom
Contributor
Message 13 of 15

Go to solution

The new system doesn't seem to allow editing of existing parts of an email string.

I cannot just simply delete parts ( or all ) of old bits of an email string that I don't want to be part of a reply

To overcome this I am having to compose a new email each time, and cut and paste what I want from the earlier one.

AND ( there are other confusing bits )

When I simply reply to someone, the reply appears in my in and out box as " me...me ", so I cannot see who I have just sent it to, until I hover the cursor over the " me...me "

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 15

Go to solution

If you have a read through this thread and other threads about BTYahoo email you will see that there are some solutions to your problems such as try turning off the "conversations" feature. This link is for Yahoo but it is the same in BTYahoo.

https://help.yahoo.com/kb/conversations-feature-en​abled-disabled-sln15805.html

The simplest solution for all the problems with BTYahoo webmail is the one suggested in message 2 of this thread.

0 Ratings
AJay1
Message 15 of 15

Go to solution

Not sure if I can help, but totally agree - new format is very confusing (so hope BT read these forums!) - I miss out on email in a 'chain' of communication with various people - just give me what we had before, I know where I am then - and forwarding/replying is complex as you end up sending an email to yourself - I can see why it's been done, but it's not helpful.

Re: Ad - if using Google Chrome, use AdBlocker - gets rid of all adverts completely. Brilliant if you're trying to run a business.

0 Ratings