Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Email changing from @btopenworld.com to @btinternet.com - can't login to MyBT

Go to solution

Ok - with my ongoing Britbox thread I've now discovered another issue.

Logging into MyBT with my details it skips the MyBT product page and goes straight to email page. It does display email but I noticed in the top right corner my email address changed to end in @btinternet.com.

From within if I now select MyBT it opens up another login page and gets stuck in a loop.

Any thoughts?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Email changing from @btopenworld.com to @btinternet.com - can't login to MyBT

Go to solution

@xxx@btopenworld.com and xxx@btinternet.com email addresses are totally interchangeable and are the same address.

In terms of username for other services they are not interchangeable.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Re: Email changing from @btopenworld.com to @btinternet.com - can't login to MyBT

Go to solution

Thanks for the info although no idea why this has just started to happen.

However, as you note, they might be interchangeable for email but not for MyBT login.

Currently been on to BT helpdesk for 50mins and frankly its the worst "on hold" music I've ever heard and becoming a bit of a joke.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

...well, no more music, it cut off!! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

As @licquorice  as far as email sending or receiving email the the addresses are one and the same but they are not one and the same when used to register/sign in to a website

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings