cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SandraP1
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

Email clickable links

Hello. In the last week or so, any hyperlinks I have added to my emails have not been clickable for most recipients. As I'm a writer, and need to send live links to clients, this is a real nuisance. I've tried sending a test email to a gmail account I have for certain correspondence, and it's clickable there, but not when sent from my main BT email account. I've noticed that when clients reply to tell me the link hasn't gone through, I can't even see the link in the original message. Any ideas what has happened, and how I can resolve this please? It's embarrassing!

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Carlusha
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 3

Re: Email clickable links

I have carried out a quick test. Apologies if my suggestion does not solve the problem. The assumption is you are using BT's webmail and not a client such as Windows Mail.

I see a different behaviour depending upon whether your emails are produced in either plain or rich text.

If you use rich text, youtube.com will not become a live link but www.youtube.com and https://youtube.com 

For plain text, only the last link becomes live on the sent mail.

For both plain and rich, the best way to enter a link is to copy/paste from the source. 

You can test all this by sending an email to yourself. I sent one each, plain and rich.

0 Ratings
SandraP1
Beginner
Message 3 of 3

Re: Email clickable links

Thank you, yes, it is BT webmail. And I have copied and pasted the links from source. I will try what you suggest and let you know what happens. Checked my settings and I am in rich text, classic large font. Will try switching them.

0 Ratings