cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pice1000
Message 1 of 3

Email client apps - problems accessing BT Email

Since changing my BT ID password (and hence my BT Email password) I have been unable to to get any email client apps (such as the native Mail app on my iPad or Spark) to access my email account. I normally get the message "A stable connection to the server cannot be established). Up until the password change I have been using such apps with my BT Email with no difficulty. Any ideas? 

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Email client apps - problems accessing BT Email

Presumably you have changed the email password in the email clients to the "new" password.

There have been problems with the BT IMAP/POP servers not synchronising  password changes.

I would suggest that you switch off all your devices or at the least stop them from polling your email account for new email. You can do this by either deleting the email account from the device or just change the email address in your email account settings.

Change your webmail email password yet again. Ensure that is is working correctly.

Wait at least 30 minutes before starting one of your devices and set up the email account with the new password.

Check that this device s working before moving onto the next device.

Ensure that you are using the correct settings via this link and set the email accounts up manually rather than using the email wizard.

https://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44917/kw/bt%20mail/c/6591

0 Ratings
Pice1000
Message 3 of 3

Re: Email client apps - problems accessing BT Email

Thank you. This hasn't worked (yet) but I'm sure you are right that this is a problem with BT not recognising the new password - this is the only thing that has changed

0 Ratings