Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
prabtcom
Contributor
Message 1 of 9

Email client

Go to solution

1. I saw on the long thread something about installing blue mail. I have never heard of blue mail, and I am not going to start installing something that I have never heard of on top of a system that doesn't work.

If BT know of a better system, then please BT you install it for everyone

2. I click on an email and the one below it opens

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 9

Re: Email client

Go to solution

Blue Mail, Thunderbird, Claws mail, MSOutlook, EmClient etc are all reputable third party email clients that are a vast improvement on trying to use a web browser for email. If you use a smart phone, they are known as apps.

BT don't install anything on your devices, that is up to you to do that. The BT webmail is not installed on your devices it is just another web page.

gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

Going by your previous posts you appear to have been using a computer for a number of years so you may have at one time used the email client known as Outlook Express or Windows Live Mail to access your email.

Blue Mail is an email client. This is a stand alone program similar to Outlook Express/Windows Live Mail, which you use to access your BT email account and by doing so it negates the need to use the the BT email log on and its webpage.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

@prabtcom 

I use thunderbird on my pc/laptop and use bluemail on my S20+ android phone and have never had any problems. Both pick up my many email accounts, including BT MAIL , without any problems

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
prabtcom
Contributor
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution

I wouldn't know what bluemail, thunderbird or S20+ android phone are, and I don't want to know

Thank you

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

In that case just mark this thread as solved and you will be offered no further advice about email clients.

prabtcom
Contributor
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

No. It is BT's paid job to do this. It is my retirement job to not have to learn new tricks. I have better things to do. 

0 Ratings
Jules68
Expert
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

@imjollywrote:

@prabtcom 

I use thunderbird on my pc/laptop and use bluemail on my S20+ android phone and have never had any problems. Both pick up my many email accounts, including BT MAIL , without any problems

I would also endorse this. We all use clients on mobiles (I know of no one who uses a webmail interface) and Blue Mail is a very good android app. However, although it also has a PC variant - which I have tried - it is not nearly so good for PC use as either Outlook or Thunderbird, the latter also my preferred option. The new release of this allows you to colour code folders, for instance.

The key problem with using any PC client is that for some actions (sorting out safe and blocked senders on SPAM, creating or altering folders etc.) you have to use the Web Mail interface as that's the only one that gets you 'into' the BT Mail Structure to make changes. The good thing (the only good thing?) about the BT interface as compared with the old BT Yahoo one is that managing folders is better, as you have more options for changing names and locations etc. of sub folders.

gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

@Jules68 wrote:

The key problem with using any PC client is that for some actions (sorting out safe and blocked senders on SPAM, creating or altering folders etc.)  I use an email client set up as an IMAP account and I can set up a new folder on my phone and it is replicated and synched with the BT webmail UI. you have to use the Web Mail interface as that's the only one that gets you 'into' the BT Mail Structure to make changes. The good thing (the only good thing?) about the BT interface as compared with the old BT Yahoo one is that managing folders is better, as you have more options for changing names and locations etc. of sub folders.

0 Ratings