Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kjwng8
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Email correspondance

Hi all,

Bit of a tricky one. As we are being asked not to call unless v. urgent I am posting in here.

Basically, I was subject to a rather comprehensive ID fraud little over a 18 months ago which, amongst other things, meant my old personal email was compromised. I used this for all my utilities etc. I migrated any accounts over to a new email address during the security cleanup. This included changing the registered email address on my BT account.

I still keep the email address to monitor it in case any accounts have been missed that are still set to the old email address but don't use it. The plan is to eventually delete it when I'm sure everything important has been moved over.

However, last week I was in touch with BT regarding a tech issue which concluded with them sending me a new router. However, when this was all being processed I got the email about it to my old, compromised email account. I changed all this over a year ago so I'm not sure how or why BT still has a record of it, particularly given GDPR.

I cannot find anything online about how to sort this out without ringing them but they're telling us not to ring unless urgent. Anyone else experienced this or able to offer any advice?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
NeilO
Message 2 of 5

Re: Email correspondance

Hi @kjwng8, welcome to the community and thanks for posting, it sounds like your BT ID email address on bt.com has been updated but not the contact email address we have on your BT account. I'll send you a private message so you can get in touch and we'll be able to get that updated. Please include a good contact number as this is something that we need to speak to you about as it will require you to pass our high validation checks.  

0 Ratings
kjwng8
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

Hi Neil - just confirming I provided this information via DM earlier on. Thanks for taking the time to reply.

0 Ratings
kjwng8
Beginner
Message 4 of 5

Hi Neil, Any news on this? I haven't heard anything since I DM'd you my information a few days ago.

Thanks,

Paul.

0 Ratings
JohnC2
Message 5 of 5

Hi @kjwng8 sorry that we have not been in touch. We are very busy at present and I've checked and we have received your details. We'll be in touch as soon as we can.

cheers

John

0 Ratings