cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
john35
Beginner
Message 31 of 34

Re: Email 'design team' has wrecked my contacts function

I'd welcome any ideas as to how to "cure" the problem!!  There are two main issues. Firstly, it is not possible to edit existing Contacts Lists ie. add or remove a name. Using the new Contacts function it at first seems that this is possible but when it comes to adding names (using cc/bcc) to an email the changes are simply not there!! Secondly, it's not possible to create and USE  new Contact Lists. Whilst it is possible to create a new List when it comes to adding the names in an email (using cc/bcc) the new List is not there!!

There are also a couple of other annoying issues which didn't exist with the previous Contacts function. Firstly, it is no longer possible to sort Contact Lists by alphabetical order. Secondly, it is no longer possible to view the entry for a single Contact and see to which Lists they have been assigned.

All very annoying!! I have been in contact with the BT Help service - was told this morning that they are aware of the issue and are working on a fix. Have to say, though, that it felt like I was being given the brush off - maybe I'm too cynical!!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 32 of 34

I am not on the BTYahoo email system so I am unable to set up contacts etc on that system but I did try it on a Yahoo email account using Chrome on W10 and found that there does indeed seem to be the problems as you have described above.

There will be nothing that any forum member will be able to do to help so I have informed the moderators about the problem so that they can inform the relevant members of the BT email team to see if they can liaise with Yahoo to resolve the problems. 

0 Ratings
john35
Beginner
Message 33 of 34

Thanks for your help and thanks for notifying the moderators. Maybe one day it'll get fixed - ever the optimist!! 

John

0 Ratings
unwina
Aspiring Expert
Message 34 of 34

@licquorice , @gg30340 ,

Thanks guys I know you mean well, I use mailstore for backup every week so i'm not that concerned on the loss of the servers front although I would say that having worked in BT I would not expect to lose my data with a system such as they use - there are probably many backups of backups if not then they don;t deserve to be in the business. Additionally I also use thunderbird if I can't get to the webmail - when i'm on my pc in Wiltshire - but i'm not that proficient to get the calendar working though if there is one.

For security reason I won't say how many times i'm out of the country but since I retired some 10+ years ago I have been very fortunate to have spent some considerable time travelling all over the world and so I am away from my beloved PC more times than I care to mention. I'm also visiting family and accessing the kit that I mentioned more than you might think but not good enough to be that proficient in many the different phone/tabs/ipads etc they all use. I get by on the webmail quite well usually. 

I have a phone toy thingy that has mail on it that obviously uses the said BT servers but I'd say me being a skin flint I don't use it that much quite apart from the fact my eyes are getting worse as well data is too expensive for most of the crud I get in email these days.

I fully understand your points and I get what you are saying and if it helps one person then its a job well done and I appreciate it more than you would think. I'll leave it at that I think for fear of war breaking out.