cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 111 of 141

Re: Email disconnections have returned

Just tried Chrome and it seems to preserve usernames ok when deleting cookies . However, I can't see an option to clear cookies on exit.

0 Ratings
Message 112 of 141

@licquoricewrote:

Just tried Chrome and it seems to preserve usernames ok when deleting cookies . However, I can't see an option to clear cookies on exit.

Just had a slosh round chrome, and think I may have found the option? Under, 'privacy & security', choose, 'site settings', then, 'content section'... not as straightforward as FireFox though.

chrome cookie.jpg

Message 113 of 141

Must admit I only had a very cursory look

0 Ratings
Message 114 of 141

Ultimately no-one should be having to delete this, reset that when it was working perfectly as it was. We are the customers; why should we have to be doing this? If BT are going to release a new platform or even an update, TEST IT THOROUGHLY BEFORE GOING LIVE.

If you bought a car that was working fine but kept stopping a few times a day after the manufacturer decided to change some components and the advice was for YOU to repair it to keep it going rather than the manufacturer correcting the fault that caused it in the first place, what would you do?

Message 115 of 141

@PaulieDDTwrote:

If you bought a car that was working fine but kept stopping a few times a day after the manufacturer decided to change some components and the advice was for YOU to repair it to keep it going rather than the manufacturer correcting the fault that caused it in the first place, what would you do?

I'd stop buying Fords 🤣

Message 116 of 141

@Stephen5000 wrote:

@PaulieDDTwrote:

I'd stop buying Fords 🤣

or in this case stop using BTMail.

Message 117 of 141

@licquorice  I'm not sure but think it deletes some user names and not others? OK, I'll delete all my cookies again and monitor which user names are lost and report back.

Message 118 of 141

Don't know about Chrome, but with Firefox I have found that sometimes a password is stored without a username depending where in the initial process  the credentials are stored.

Check in your saved password list in Chrome that there are usernames stored as well.

0 Ratings
Message 119 of 141

@licquorice  OK, It does preserve the majority of user names, but loses the ones I use most often! These are for my banks, building society and credit card companies. None of them are memorable, so require a lookup for me to find the user names.

I have to go through a full security check in order to access my calendar, which is in Apple iCloud. Two factor authentication plus an email to confirm. This is something I do at the start of every day.

For all my social media and genealogy sites the user names are there, but a login results in either full two factor authentication and an email to confirm, or just an email to confirm.

I know it's all good security practice though. Am I being too fussy?

0 Ratings
Message 120 of 141

@Sue036 wrote:

I know it's all good security practice though. Am I being too fussy?

Yes, but only you can decided what suits your needs.

0 Ratings