Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gixxerbaz
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Email doesn’t exist

Go to solution
Went on my email today , was connecting , said last updated on 21/2/19, had a login failure , said to re-enter my password , email adress was already in the box , pressed next , came up red , email doesn’t exist , tried afew things logging in to my brain in the web ect nothing , got a varification code but it only says it’s only linked to my other btinternet account ? Any ideas ?? I’m not personally a by customer , my other bt email is still live so I don’t understand what’s going on with this 1
Rgds Barry
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Gixxerbaz
Beginner
Message 2 of 6

Re: Email doesn’t exist

Go to solution
I just tried to log in again it actually say email unrecognised ?
0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Welcome to this user forum.

If you are not a BT Broadband customer, or are not paying for BT Premium mail, then your email address would have been deleted. The other one will go the same way soon.

0 Ratings
Gixxerbaz
Beginner
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution
Ok understood , but I’ve not been a by customer for years
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

BT have only relatively recently been culling email addresses as @Keith_Beddoe said  once gone they are deleted for good

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Andy_N
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

@Gixxerbazwrote:
Ok understood , but I’ve not been a by customer for years

Hi.

What happens is this.

BT seem to run a cull robot from time to time, which seems to pick up accounts that are not associated with a BT Broadband account or BT Premium, or indeed those that have left BT.

This robot doesn't do them all, hence for some reason or other - many people like yourself, have been using their BTinternet email address for a long time, then all of a sudden it can be deleted. If you had information on the address within webmail only, then that information can be lost completely. However there's a chance of resurrection, but only with moderator help and as long as you pay for BTPremium Mail at (currently) £7.50 per month on a months contract.

As has been said, your other account may or maynot be deleted soon, but if you need information from it - use a mail client a set up an access to it (possibly best to set up as pop3 access, unless you need to have the sent information as well).

0 Ratings