cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GailMc
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

Email due to be downgraded

I have got several email addresses for different family members, from when I was BT customer (I am not longer a customer). I have just discovered that my main one is still active but the others are due to be downgraded. I have had no warning of this and only discovered it because I had to access my email via the web. As I have given one to my son and he uses it regularly I would like to keep it active. How can I do this? And why didn't BT let me know about this change?

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Email due to be downgraded

as you are no longer a BT customer then many accounts were getting deleted but also others were getting downgraded not deleted.  downgraded is to basic mail so the email is still active but can only be accessed by web mail and no longer by app.  you could upgrade to premium mail but that cost £7.50 p m

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 3

Re: Email due to be downgraded

Obviously I don't know your son's age etc but if he has his own BT Broadband account or if you have a trusted relative with a BT Broadband account you could have your BT email accounts added/associated to that BT Broadband account.

This would not cost anything and your email accounts would just continue to operate in the same manner as they are now.

If you follow the procedure correctly the person whose BT Broadband account you add your email to would not be able to access/manage the email account unless you give them the password.

See links.

BT Email products | Types of BT Emails | BT Help

Can I move my BT email address to another account? | BT Help

0 Ratings