Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
starship
Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Email excess

Go to solution

For the second time in as many months i have just used the chat line for BT, after spending approx 1 hour there, i still did not get the help. I gave him all the details but he kept confusing me asking me questions i was not aware of. When he finally excepted my account details, signed into my account only to tell me he could not excess my emails as he was getting the same as me, which is below, what a waste of time that was.

My issue for the second time is, I am unable to sign into my email account, and excess my sub accounts. I sign into my my main account, click on Email, i get the following , "Important: We've detected a number of failed log in attempts on your email account" clicking next, i  follow into the "Change your password ", doing this i find that this does not change my email but changes my main BT account password, still unable to excess my emails. What is going on, this is the seond time this has happened. Even though i have been with BT for 20 years plus, i still get these same issues every so many months. I write all my passwords down so have them all to hand, but i am getting to a point that i am getting lost with what should be so simple... Can anyone offer any advise..

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Email excess

Go to solution

Try using this link and the "Forgotten Log in details" to change your password again.

BT Email

If that does not work have you tried to access your email by logging onto your MyBT then going to Manage Extras > Manage email.

starship
Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Thank you for your message,

Using your link takes me too, see image. Using this changes my my BT home page password and not Email.

Trying to use  MyBT then going to Manage Extras > Manage email. I unable to see Manage Extras,

BT log.jpg

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

Try this link to change your email password

https://register.btinternet.com/cgi-bin/chpasswdsso

starship
Contributor
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

Sorry, But that will not let me in, user name and password dont match. They should do as i have them wrote down...

0 Ratings
starship
Contributor
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

I have now used the forgotten email,reset with a new password, at the moment all seems to be working. Thank you kindly. Just got to make sure all sub accounts are working..

EDIT, Thank you kindly, all is running as it should. Very helpful and thanks for keeping with me.. Regards..

0 Ratings