Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mcourtman
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

Email forwarding issue

Hi,

After 2 hours on the telephone to BT with no resolution to my problem, I am hoping someone can help me here.

I have my own domain www.mydomain.co.uk and any emails that are sent to xxx@mydomain.co.uk are forwarded to my xxx@btinternet.com email address.

This all worked fine until 12 days ago when emails stopped coming through. Emails don't bounce back to the sender, they just don't arrive in my inbox and I have checked the trash/junk folders.

If I change the forwarding rule on my domain to forward my xxx@mydomain.co.uk emails to my xxx@hotmail.com account they arrive fine.

So why are BT blocking my emails and how can I resolve this?

Many thanks,

Matt

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Email forwarding issue

Hi Mcourtman,

Welcome to the community forum. I am sorry to hear you are having a few problems with your email address. I can get this investigated. Please send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile.

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
Brian29
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 7

Was this issue resolved?  I have a very similar problem.  Emails to xxx@mydomain.com have been forwarded to my btinternet.com address for years without problem.  Then last Friday they suddenly stopped.  After many hours of online chat and phone calls I have now been told that this is no longer possible with the new BT mail.  Surely that cannot be the case.

The whole point of having a xxx@mydomain email address is that when I change ISP (as I did when I moved to BT a few years back) I do not have to tell a couple of hundred contacts of a new email address.  But according to BT I will now have to do just that.  That cannot be right, surely.

Brian

0 Ratings
spackhead
Contributor
Message 4 of 7

brian there are several of us in same boat

since friday there are quite a few topics up about this

the mods here and BT in general have not seen fit or had the courtesey to even deem any of them with a reply

I would suggest reading one of the replies in one of the topics regarding the fact that BT have decided that some domain hosts are not current acceptable to the almighty BT Mail

The person who told you that mail forwarding was no longer allowed might not be fully informed as obviously it must be possible as its been happening right up until friday

I am sure one day us loyal customers will be provided with some sort of proper reply or explaination

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 7

@spackhead wrote:

the mods here and BT in general have not seen fit or had the courtesey to even deem any of them with a reply

Looks like PaddyP, a moderator, has replied to the OP of this thread. I take it you missed that.

and the moderator NeilO has replied in this thread.

https://community.bt.com/t5/Email/BT-is-blocking-my-forwarded-emails/td-p/10652/page/5

Highlighted
spackhead
Contributor
Message 6 of 7

The mod in here replied to the original post 5 months ago

at the time of my post neil had not replied and considering this has been going on for 4 days you might want to try understand all of our frustrations 

0 Ratings
Brian29
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 7

PaddyP's reply is not in this thread so I had no way (that I knew) of finding it. Thanks for pointing out NeilO's thread. I hadn't seen this before. I was either using the wrong search term or was looking before it got bumped up. I have clicked the white star and added to the other thread
0 Ratings