cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sprice56
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Email hacked?

I think my email has been hacked. When a message is sent to me by my husband, it arrives? but he also gets the message below. This is an unknown address to us and suggests emails to my account are being automatically sent or copied to other addresses. What can I do? message follows:

Each of the following recipients was rejected by a remote mail server. The reasons given by the server are included to help you determine why each recipient was rejected.

Recipient: <richards.hedges10@gmail.com>
   Reason:    5.2.1 The email account that you tried to reach is disabled. Learn more at               5.2.1  https://support.google.com/mail/?p=DisabledUser t13si4106054wmq.168 - gsmtp

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
NeilO
Message 2 of 4

Re: Email hacked?

Hi, @sprice56 welcome to the community and thanks for posting. That's not good, it sounds like they're being forwarded to that address which is no longer working. 

If you log in to the BT Email site, click your email address and choose the settings option then check the rules, you will see if there are any auto forwards set up there. Delete any rules that you haven't set up and follow the password reset process to secure your email.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
sprice56
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Thank you. That seems to have worked. 

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 4 of 4

@sprice56 no problem. If you were using the same login details for any other websites I'd also recommend changing the passwords for those as well.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings