cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 2 of 11

Email inbox history disappeared

Hi,

This issue happened to me on my email and it was fixed in March by BT.

Now it has happened with my wife's email (same account).

All historical emails disappeared from her inbox, she's only left with a handful of emails.

BT fixed the issue for me last time by retrieving the historical email to a folder.

Can someone please help to remedy?

Many thanks

Najib

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11

Re: BT Email Inbox Folder Problem

Hi David,

Happy New Year

My wife has now the same problem that you helped me with last year. Her emails disappeared!

Only a few emails left from november and decemeber.

My email is still fine but hers isn't she's lost all the history.

Her sent folder is fine, the problem is only in the inbox folder.

Thanks

Najib

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 11

I have merged your post. Posting the same issue on more than one thread can lead to duplication of effort/answers and confusion plus the other post that you posted on was regarding your email account and the thread was marked as solved. 

I have included a link to it should anyone be interested in what it was.

Solved: BT Email Inbox Folder Problem - BT Community

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 11

Hi,

My issue with my email was solved (by BT) in March.

Same issue is now happening with my wife's email with no solution.

So it's not a solved problem yet.

Thanks

Najib

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 11

If you have an email address and it is different from your wife's email address it means that your problem was solved and there is now a new problem with her email address. It matters not that they are on the same BT Broadband account.

If you are both sharing the same email address then it would mean that the emails from that email account have gone missing so can you be more specific which it is.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 11

Hi,

Thanks for all the quick replies.

Her email is different than mine. Mine is fine all the history was given to me by BT in an archive folder in March.

She has just experience this issue, only a handful of emails were left in her inbox.

Her email is working (sending and receiving) but all the past emails are gone.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 11

Yes it helps. Your problem was correctly marked as solved on your previous thread hence why I moved your post.

Your wife now has a problem which is regards to her email address and is therefore a new problem and your report about this is now on its own thread which will allow any assistance/answers to be in relation to her problem and when it is hopefully resolved you can mark this thread as solved.

To assist in trying to resolve this, how does your wife access her email. Is it on a web browser or by using an email client/app such as on a mobile device or is it a combination of both?

Have you checked in her email accounts "deleted" folder?

Have you checked in the other folders that are set up on the email account?

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 11

Hi,

For years, she's been accessing her email in two ways:

1- Mail app on iphone (preferred method)

2- Web browser (usually Chrome) by accessing email.bt.com

The historical inbox emails aren't showing in either (app or browser).

Her deleted folder only shows a handful of emails (since yesterday really when the issue was noticed).

The content of her sent folder is intact (all historical emails are there).

The content of all her subfolders is intact (all historical emails are also there).

So the symptoms are exactly what happened with my emails on my email account in March.

Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 11

I doubt that there is anything that forum users will be able to do to resolve this so I have notified the moderators of the forum about your problem. Once they have read this they may be able to help.

They are very busy at present and due to the holidays it may take a few days for them to contact you. They will do this by posting on this thread.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 11

Thank you. Fully appreciate your reply.

May you and the forum members have a happy new year.

0 Ratings