Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Jan88
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 16

Email issue

Go to solution

Very long story but at some point in the last few months I ended up with the broadband that was associated with my BT email accounts being cancelled. A few weeks later a new broadband was added back to the same billing account as before but the cancellation of the original broadband seems to have set in motion a 60 day timer for the email accounts to be deleted despite the new broadband being added.

Everytime I have logged into BT.com to look at my account it was suggesting that the email acoounts were due to be deleted. have made numerous calls to customer services on this issue (and on all the issues previously, all of BT's making, that led to this situation in the first place). Each time I have been  assured that all was fine despite the information I was seing on BT.Com.

The 60 days has now passed. The email accounts do not appear to have been deleted (yet!) as i can still send and receive messgaes  but when I now look at BT.com it says that my email boxes have been deleted and I no longer have the link to manage email to add new addressess etc.

IMG_0764.PNG

I am preparing myself for another long and frustrating call to customer services but in the meantime would welcome any help or advice.

Thanks

0 Ratings
15 REPLIES
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 16

Re: Email issue

Go to solution

I have notified the moderators of the forum about your problem. Once they have read this they may be able to help. They are a BT UK based team and if they can help they will reply via this thread asking you to contact them via a link. They are very busy at present so once you have replied to them by the link, it can take 48 hours for them to re-contact you.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 16

Go to solution

Hi @Jan88,

I am sorry that your email address has been ceased. We will do everything we can to help you. To get in touch with us, click on my user name, view profile, and then copy and paste the link under "Moderation Team Email Address" into your browser.  Complete that form and we'll get back in touch with you. It may take us 1-2 working days before we can get back to you.

Thanks

DanielS

Community ModeratorDannyS
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the thumbs up next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a Private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thank You
0 Ratings
Jan88
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 16

Go to solution
Many thanks for your prompt response. I have completed the form.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 16

Go to solution

Hi @Jan88,

I can see that you've completed our form however you haven't listed the email addresses. Can you complete the form again and add the emails that you need back please?

Thanks

DanielS

Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a Private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thank You
0 Ratings
Jan88
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 16

Go to solution
Hi Daniel
Have completed the form again with the email addresses.
As mentioned before I can still access them at the moment but as BT.com is showing them as being deleted I can’t manage them to make any changes and I am worried that they will disappear at some point.
Thanks
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 16

Go to solution

Hi @Jan88,

Thanks for doing that for me.

We will look into this for you today and be in touch before 4pm.

Thanks

DanielS

Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
0 Ratings
Jan88
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 16

Go to solution

Hi Daniel

A quick update from my end..

When I now log into BT.com it shows my email as being active again (Hoorah!) and I can click on link to 'Manage my email'

However when I do so I can see my email address but then my husband's address (***n.******@btinternet.com) is displayed twice and it says that I have used 4 of my addresses (whereas it should be just 3, mine my husband's and son's)

So very nearly sorted but not quite!!

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 16

Go to solution

Thanks for the update @Jan88 Smiley Happy

@JohnC2 is handling your case for you. He'll be in this afternoon. I'll speak with him and help get it resolved for you.

Thanks

DanielS

Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
0 Ratings
Jan88
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 16

Go to solution

Thanks.

Just to let you know that I have checked again and my husband’s email is still showing up twice but now my son’s (that was listed under emails given to family and friends) has disappeared!

0 Ratings