cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hugs
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Email issues - orange and google nexus

Hi, I have recently switched to BT mail from EE/Orange. I have added my old orange account on the BT mail site and am fairly certain all the details were entered correctly. However, when I go into the orange account the emails have no details, it just says (unknown) in the various fields and the emails cannot be accessed. Is this a known issue and how can I resolve it?

I have a further issue in trying to read my BT emails on my Google nexus 7. Using the Google chrome browser I enter the BT mail login details but get an error message saying the application is having trouble connecting to the server. I can though access my emails through various other laptops and computers.

Any ideas?

Thanks

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Email issues - orange and google nexus

@Hugs wrote:

Hi, I have recently switched to BT mail from EE/Orange. I have added my old orange account on the BT mail site and am fairly certain all the details were entered correctly. However, when I go into the orange account the emails have no details, it just says (unknown) in the various fields and the emails cannot be accessed. Is this a known issue and how can I resolve it?

I have a further issue in trying to read my BT emails on my Google nexus 7. Using the Google chrome browser I enter the BT mail login details but get an error message saying the application is having trouble connecting to the server. I can though access my emails through various other laptops and computers.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Not sure what you mean when you say you have added your Orange account on the BT mail site. If you still have an account with Orange, just continue to collect mail as you did before, there is no need to do anything. Are you sure your account hasn't been deleted when you moved from Orange?  There appears to be a problem with Chrome and BT mail since an upgrade to Chrome.

0 Ratings
Hugs
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

Hi Liquorice, thanks for the reply. I can still access my old email account but I am not sure how long this will continue and I wanted to be able to monitor all my emails through the one web mail system if possible. On the BT web mail site you can add other accounts which should allow you to receive and send emails from the other account through the BT site. Or at least that is how I understand it. I have added my orange account and it is listed in the accounts on the main page but I cannot see any of the emails in the inbox when I go into the account. As for chrome, I have no problem accessing BT web mail through chrome on my laptop or work computer just on the nexus?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

Might be easier to just forward the EE mails to your BTinternet address in that case, assuming that is possible on EE's webmail site. The problem with Chrome appears to be just the mobile site rather than the main site, you could try using the main site on the Nexus.

0 Ratings
Hugs
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

Thanks.

I can't see any facility to automatically forward emails on orange.

I can access emails from orange on gmail using POP and have used the same info on the BT site so I do not understand why the emails cannot be accessed through BT mail?

I am not sure what you mean by the mobile site and the main site. On the nexus I am logging on the the BT mail site through chrome. As far as I am aware, this is the same site accessed from my laptop?

0 Ratings