Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bmd1977
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

Email issues

Hi,

I had an email from BT a couple of days ago informing me that they believe my @btinternet email account was compromised.

Upon talking to live chat they reset my password and asked me to log in as normal and upon trying to do so I was redirected from the BT Yahoo page to a Yahoo email login page which does not recognise my @btinternet email address.

Even trying to sign in to email from the BT site redirects me to the same Yahoo login page that will not recognise the email address.

Is there any fix for this that anyone knows of because even online chat can't help any more.
0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: Email issues

Are you sure it was a BT  email and not a scam. Did you get the online chat via the BT website or by clicking a link on the email?

I have notified the moderators of the forum about your problem. Once they have read this they may be able to help. They are very busy at present so it can take up to 24 hours for them to contact you. They will do this by posting on this thread.

0 Ratings
Bmd1977
Beginner
Message 3 of 8

Hi,
I did not click on any links in the mail and the online chat was through the BT website.

My password was reset by the operator and I then tried to sign in via the BT site and when I do that it accepts the login but immediately redirects me from the BT site to a yahoo login page that does not recognise the @btinternet email.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 8

That's good you did not use any links. A moderator should post here at some point today.

0 Ratings
Bmd1977
Beginner
Message 5 of 8

Hopefully it can be fixed. Thanks for replying. 👍
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Good morning @Bmd1977  and welcome to the community.

Thanks for posting about your email password problem. I'm sorry you're having problems getting logged in after the password reset. We'll need to take a closer look at this for you. I've sent you a Private message explaining how you can contact the forum moderation team.

Check here: https://community.bt.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage

Can you please send over the details and we'll take it form there. We're quite busy at present but once we pick up the case we'll be in touch.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 7 of 8

@Bmd1977 wrote:
Hopefully it can be fixed. Thanks for replying. 👍

Hi @Bmd1977 ,

I hope you are keeping well?  I am very sorry to hear of the problems you are having, I can imagine not being able to access your email address would be very frustrating Smiley Sad

I just wanted to follow up with you to find out if you managed to resolve this, very strange issue?  We are very keen to understand why you are experiencing this issue so if the problem has not been fixed, please follow Dave's advice and send us your details.  Once we have this we will be able to get to the bottom of it.

If you did manage to resolve this please let us know what you did, as others may benefit from your advice?

Cheers

Sean

0 Ratings
Bmd1977
Beginner
Message 8 of 8

Good afternoon.

I have messaged now with the information requested. It is a strange problem as my email had been working perfectly fine up until that point with no issues.
0 Ratings