cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

Email log in

Go to solution

I can't access my email. Have reset password, but to no avail. Keep being told to try again after 15 minutes. Any ideas how to solve this please?

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Email log in

Go to solution

How are you accessing your email, is it via a web browser or are you using an email client/app?

Are you a BT Broadband customer or paying for your email account through a BT Premium email account?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

Hi, thanks for replying.

To answer your first question - I access my email via a web browser when using my computer. When accessing email from my phone then I use that phones mail set-up.

And your second question - I am a BT Broadband  customer.

Hope that helps!

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

@HLField50wrote:

I access my email via a web browser when using my computer. When accessing email from my phone then I use that phones mail set-up.

..... and you are unable to access your email on either the computer or the phone?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution

Yes, exactly that. Cannot access email through either computer or mobile.

Changed password to see if that worked, and it didn't change the situation.

On computer get message...'Please check you entered your username and password correctly and try again. If you need help remembering your username or password you can use the links below' This is in a red box.

On mobile I get 'Account error'

Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

Can you try using this log on page if you are not already using it.

BT Mail 

and if you get the error use the "forgotten log on details" link below the password box.

When you are changing the password, do it on a computer and ensure that your phone is either turned off or is set to not to poll for email while you are doing that.

If you are successful in changing the password, wait at least 30 minutes to allow the password to synchronise with the BT servers before changing your phone email client to the new password.

Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

Thanks for latest advice. Have changed password, so can I log in immediately on computer to check it's working, or should I wait 30 minutes before I attempt this? Thanks in advance!

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

You can check immediately on webmail, wait for phone.

Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

I'm in on the computer!!! Thankyou so much for your clear and helpful advice. I'll give BT a chance to synch before I attempt my phone. Merry Christmas to you all!

0 Ratings