cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Juliedrew
Message 1 of 6

Email login & "look" changed

Suddenly without any notification from BT I can no longer access my emails in the usual way on my Ipad.  One click and they were there. Now I have to go thru the www.bt Web browser login which takes 4/5 clicks and won't save my info so I HAVE to do this every time. Bt tell me it's because they don't want us to go thru a 3rd party login ie Ipad because of potential hacking they can't protect us. So I'm all for that but it's a pain now to login. Anyone any better ideas/same experience. Why didn't BT warn me? I feel like it make be a hack that's taken over although BT have called me to discuss......if it was BT. Thanks

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Email login & "look" changed

What you have been told about not being able to use 3rd party login is a load of rubbish.

Are you a BT Broadband customer or paying for your BT Premium email account?

Are you on the BTYahoo email system or the BTMail system. If you are not sure you need to log onto your email via te web browser and check the logo. If it has Yahoo in it you are on the BTYahoo system.

Do not change your password.

Which email app are you using?

Check that you have the correct email settings in your email app as per this link.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44917/kw/bt%20mail/c/6591

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 6

On the other thread that you have been posting on you answered the question about being a BT Broadband customer or paying for a BT Premium email account with "Why pay? I've had my account for 20yrs never paid. My husband is a live.co.uk user doesn't pay.....do most people pay?"

The reason that question is asked is because if you are not a BT Broadband customer or you are not paying for BT Premium email your email account will possibly have been deleted by BT because you are no longer a customer of theirs.

0 Ratings
Juliedrew
Message 4 of 6

Thanks for responding. I don't use an app never have and BT told me yesterday they don't want me to use an app as that's also via a 3rd party. I have a home phone and BT tv/wifi set up so I'll check if that's premium or not. I've been bt internet.com for ever but think it was something to do with yahoo which bt took over I think.  It's all changed with no notification from BT and it sounds like a load of unnecessary hassle that they could have done behind the scenes with out it being noticed by their customers!! I feel like I've been hacked more than anything but they say it's all fine. Why do I now get adverts.  He said they IT department is looking into it.....feels like rubbish to me!!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 6

When you try to access your email on your iPad how do you do it?

Do you use a web page and log in via this page

BT Email

or do you use some other method of logging on and if so what?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

TT are about to charge ex customers if they want to keep their email address

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2019/10/budget-uk-isp-talktalk-to-charge-ex-customers-50-for-e...

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings