Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
phillip_c
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 40

Email login change

Hello Moderators

The new email login on BT.COM is obtuse. It ought to mimic the sign in page of BT Yahoo. If you go direct to email login, top right corner, end of blue bar, you have to type in each email address one by one and enter the password on each account. There is no drop down list as there was on the BT Yahoo log in page.

However, if you log in to MY BT, further down the page, in the extras section, (all are marked as included so they are not really extras are they, they are part of the service you pay for,) there is an email box with a check email button and if you click the button, at the moment, it accesses the former BT Yahoo log in page with the login box with the drop down list.

Is this going to change and will the drop down list function be retained in any new design?

Why isn't that function already included in the new BT.COM email log in page?

Even the best view of current arrangement as designed requires a double log in. This represents a degraded function in a change that was supossed to be "BETTER."

Thank you.

0 Ratings
39 REPLIES 39
Oliver341
Expert
Message 2 of 40

Re: Email login change

On Firefox, if I type the first letter of the email address in the login box, I get a dropdown which I can click to auto-fill the email address and password.

I agree that the email link in My BT > My Extras needs updating.

Oliver.
0 Ratings
phillip_c
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 40

Hi Oliver341

I acknowledge your point.

I do not use that browser and a browser workaround is cool as far as it goes, it doesn't address the issue of function and design.

My question refers to the old BT Yahoo login, it worked absolutely and could be set, using cookies, to list all accounts including sub accounts on a drop down list.

The new log in, when it's ready, should provide at least that function, that ease of use.

My question to the moderators is, "What is the proposed design for the new log in box?"

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 40

The migration of BT's email service from Yahoo! is very much work in progress, and quite honestly I doubt that you'll be able to answers about fine detail until it's complete. Then there will inevitably be heaps of complaints, some substantial, some simply because it's been changed and many folk simply don't like change, full stop.

The best answer to log-in hurdles, if there are any, is to use an email client such as Thunderbird or Windows Live Mail. With one click it will automatically log in and download new messages for management on your computer. I've yet to see a convincing reason to persevere with webmail. 

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
phillip_c
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 40

Hello pottyperson

Your reply is entirely unhelpful.

I refer to this function:

The Multi-User Sign In feature creates a drop-down list of all your BT Yahoo! usernames on the sign-in page

Include all Sub-Accounts on the Sign In page for this computer

https://bt.edit.client.yahoo.com/static;_ylt=AirS8T0h56IUE9.CsUurZyAc1wlG?page=membercenter_popup_mu...

0 Ratings
tellboy
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 40

I have to agree with potty that it is far easier to use an email client than rely on webmail.

sorry:smileywink:

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 40

@phillip_c wrote:

Hello pottyperson

I refer to this function:

The Multi-User Sign In feature creates a drop-down list of all your BT Yahoo! usernames on the sign-in page

Include all Sub-Accounts on the Sign In page for this computer

https://bt.edit.client.yahoo.com/static;_ylt=AirS8T0h56IUE9.CsUurZyAc1wlG?page=membercenter_popup_mu...

I disagree about your comment to Pottyperson as being unhelpful. By far the best way to access your email is via an email client. This allows you to store and organise your emails in a manner that suits you and allows you to do backups of your email folders. Just look at the posts about the Talk21 email closure to see the panic about only having your emails stored on the email providers servers.

I do agree with you about the drop down box that stores the email accounts and sub accounts as a useful function. I don't know if this will be included in the final version of the log on page.

Perhaps the moderators of the forum could pass this onto the webpage developers to see if it can be included. 

Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 8 of 40

phillip_c wrote:

Although the others have answered that, I just want to make it clear I was not commenting on the rights or wrongs of the changes, just pointing out that if you use an email client the issue you raised becomes irrelevant. I also suggested there would be complaints from people who just want to beef about the changes. QED.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
duncan10
Expert
Message 9 of 40

I agree with your advice-Pottyperson. I use an email client and it saves any hassle till the change-over to DP is complete. After 2   years of "ell" with yahboo diverting me to the US website wanting me to pay for advice to get to BTyahoo changing my tabs from BT-to Yahoo so I was taken to yahoos email site. Blockedby yahoo getting to the "new" email site-had to get help from BT. And a whole lot more . The problems with the changes to the new service are "chicken feed" to me. I dont mind waiting till it sorts itself out. DP should be better security and LESS ads=24 at the last visit . Thank God for adblock-etc. I also have an add-on program that can fill inemail addresses quickly  

0 Ratings
barnpiece
Expert
Message 10 of 40

On my Chrome browser after clicking Email on the BT Home page, you always have to type the full email address and password.

This is very tedious -- it is better to go to mail.yahoo.com and sign in from there as it remembers the address and password!

Richard

0 Ratings