cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Michaelfidler
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

Email login issues and security question change.

Hi, I have recently changed phones and have been unable to login to my @btinternet.com email account on my new phone. Although I am logged in on my previous phone I have forgotten my password and am unable to change it as my security question or date of birth does not appear to be correct. 

I was wondering if there was any way for me to change my security question and date of birth to allow me to access my BT email account on my new phone. 

I am no longer a BT customer as I created the email over seven years ago but have continued to use the email as it is essential to my work and customer contact. I am able to login to my BT account on the bt.com website but unfortunately am not able to find a means of me accessing my email. 

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated, 

Mike. 

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Email login issues and security question change.

If you are no longer a BT Broadband customer and if you are not paying for your email address via BT Premium email there is strong possibility that your email account will eventually be deleted by BT. as they would appear to be in the process of deleting non BT customers BT email addresses.

It is also unlikely that they will do anything to assist you in changing security questions etc.

See link

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/59666/~/what-happens-to-my-email-address-when-my-bt-b...

You can try and get assistance from BT by calling 0800.800.150

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 3

Re: Email login issues and security question change.

@Michaelfidlerwrote:

Hi, I have recently changed phones and have been unable to login to my @btinternet.com email account on my new phone. Although I am logged in on my previous phone I have forgotten my password and am unable to change it as my security question or date of birth does not appear to be correct. 

I was wondering if there was any way for me to change my security question and date of birth to allow me to access my BT email account on my new phone. 

I am no longer a BT customer as I created the email over seven years ago but have continued to use the email as it is essential to my work and customer contact. I am able to login to my BT account on the bt.com website but unfortunately am not able to find a means of me accessing my email. 

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated, 

Mike. 

Hi, welcome to the forums.

When you go to :-

https://www.bt.com/mail

and enter your email address - what happens when you choose "Forgotten login" etc ?

Is it at that point the you're not sure what to enter for DoB or security answers?

There is certainly a chance your account can have been deleted - when did you last use it? If you were using it for business and not kept the details for backup purposes, particular if you're not a BT customer or a BT Premium Email user - then the account can be deleted at any time.

Do you still have the old phone? Does that still work? Can you access the emails/contacts you require, because you may need to extract these if the account has been deleted.

0 Ratings